Thaksin Shinawatra, How Do You Feel About Him?

huski

What is the best way to describe our PM?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's bad news for Thailand

One thing that I think is really weird is that nearly every Thai I have talked to, including my own wife, thinks he is a super spot on guy, the absolute dog's ballocks

of Thai prime ministers if you will.

• 3 years later...
Do ThaiVisa posters lack a culture of respect for Thaksin ?

Even the majority of posters supporting Samak/PPP , and I do still expect them to form a weak coalition government next, seem to include the occasional mention that they recognise his corrupting influence and nature, and don't personally like him much. Cue for a poll, perhaps ? :o

There's already one on Thaivisa...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=6591&hl=

Thaksin Shinawatra, How Do You Feel About Him?, be honest, this is a serious poll

A timely updating seems appropriate.

1) There have been far more inept, stupid, and just plain evil PM's in Thailand over the past 10-15 years than Taksin. How about Suchinda, Chatichai, Suchinda, Banharn, and Chavalit, for starters?

2) Yet none of these men invoked the ire of the expat set in anywhere near the same way Taksin has. Why is that? Simply because Taksin has tinkered around with the naughty nightlife that is the main reason most of these expats are here. They're a one-issue constituency.

Part 1 of this is brilliant. Part 2 is idiocy.

I think that Thaksin is one of the better Prime Ministers and can't understand why so many farangs hate him so desperately, however, the kind of farang that hates him is the same type that claims that they don't indulge in the nightlife, so that isn't it. :o

I, for one am not voting here as this is not an objective poll – just one sided and one eyed.

I look around the village and nothing has changed since the coup – no money. Prior to that things like the local clinic had been modernised and air conditioned, road works going on all over Isaan, old people getting a pension be it meagre and blankets, subsidised hospital care etc. etc. ALL whilst TRT was in government.

Sure the guy was firstly a business man and corrupt, then again they’re all corrupt, but IMO he did a lot to improve life and infrastructure in Thailand over the 7 years I have been here. AND as said before the Isaan Thais think he is the best thing since ‘sticky rice’!

• 6 months later...