THAI offers airfares to celebrate Queen's birthday

webfact

THAI offers airfares to celebrate Queen's birthday
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International is offering special fares to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday and Mother's Day on domestic flights operated by THAI and THAI Smile.

The roundtrip fare for economy class from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is only Bt4,100, to Phuket at Bt4,900 and to Khon Kaen at Bt3,550.

Special fares are also offered on roundtrip flights operated by THAI Smile, those being: Bangkok - Udon Thani, Bangkok - Ubon Ratchathani, Bangkok - Surat Thani, and Chiang Mai - Phuket.

THAI announced that the prices are inclusive of airport tax and all surcharges (taxes and surcharges may vary based on the foreign currency exchange rate on the date of ticket issuance; ticket restrictions may apply). Conditions for special fares tickets include: Limited number of special fare tickets per flight and tickets are valid for 10 days after ticket issuance. Mileage may be accrued based on Royal Orchid Plus policy.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-07

Still nearly double the price of ALL other competition flying into many of those airports. Last time I took a Thai airways flight to Udon, I was the only foreigner on board, and everyone was given water during the mid-summers flight except for me.. all I got was a notification from the cabin attendant that they had no more water left. This after she pretended she could not speak English, and then was a little confused about how to deal with me when I spoke to her in Thai "Nam da mai khraab"

• Like 2

last i had a flight from Dubai to Bangkok with Thai and it was pretty good. the service, the food, all good; but maybe their domestic is not as good as their international flights. i had a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok too and it was a pleasant flight. but off course almost all the passengers were foreigners.

talking about price i can only compare it to what i have in Iran which is the definition of OVERPRICE ! a flight that takes about 1 hour is more than 300$. the food is not good. the service is bad and there is a 50% chance of plane crash!!!

Still nearly double the price of ALL other competition flying into many of those airports. Last time I took a Thai airways flight to Udon, I was the only foreigner on board, and everyone was given water during the mid-summers flight except for me.. all I got was a notification from the cabin attendant that they had no more water left. This after she pretended she could not speak English, and then was a little confused about how to deal with me when I spoke to her in Thai "Nam da mai khraab"

I would be happy with a Coke or an Orange juice instead, or any other soft drink! tongue.png

• Like 1

Nearly 5k baht round trip to Phuket, yes it certainly is a "special" fare blink.png

Any idea what the non-special fares are?

Paid about 1000 baht round trip last time I flew there.

Ok, but that was a special promotion price, from one of the budget lines. tongue.png

Or you did not fly there since some years.wink.png

I don't get it with the THAI bashers. Whenever I checked with AirAsia, after the buggering about with prepaid baggage they were probably only 200 to 300 baht cheaper than THAI, flew to the wrong airport and just weren't worth the savings. Granted, people with the ability to book IN ADVANCE can get some really good bargains with AirAsia but that's not the way my travel usually pans out. Nok Air (also the wrong airport!) do tend to be consistently cheaper but I need the flexibility of being able to change flight dates at short notice as my international inbound connections (to the other airport) may be delayed and the cheap Nok Air ticket can't be changed.

There IS always the bus!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

I don't get it with the THAI bashers. Whenever I checked with AirAsia, after the buggering about with prepaid baggage they were probably only 200 to 300 baht cheaper than THAI, flew to the wrong airport and just weren't worth the savings. Granted, people with the ability to book IN ADVANCE can get some really good bargains with AirAsia but that's not the way my travel usually pans out. Nok Air (also the wrong airport!) do tend to be consistently cheaper but I need the flexibility of being able to change flight dates at short notice as my international inbound connections (to the other airport) may be delayed and the cheap Nok Air ticket can't be changed.

There IS always the bus!

Unless I am time constrained, I prefer to travel by bus in Thailand. I get to meet the locals, and because it is so much cheaper I sometimes even find somewhere that looks interesting and get off the bus early, buying another ticket later in the day. I'm not a hippie, just someone that likes people watching, talking, and learning from what is around me. Terminal 21 makes me feel uncomfortable, as does Paragon. I travel to Thailand on Thai airways, but have also flagged them for Qantas this year from NZ as Qantas arrives late afternoon (Thai arrives at 9pm), and Qantas is $800 cheaper (1200NZD vs 2000NZD return) one way over the christmas period. Busses cost the same the year round and provided you book a few days in advance you are all sorted. Their international service is great value at the right price, but at nearly double the price of the local competition and late arrival times they have zero chance of getting my business no matter what is on offer in-flight.

Thai airways needs to seriously look at their domestic service offerings vs the "budget airlines" and ask themselves why they charge so much.. there were no meals served on my flights, only a glass of water.. I'm not paying an extra 2-300 baht as quoted above for a glass or two of water.. no thanks ponsy poo-yai managed state controlled TG.