Good restaurants and bars in Pattaya

hanno

I will be heading to Pattaya on business for a few days tomorrow and would appreciate some good recommendations as to where to eat or drink.

Budget is not so much of an issue as long as food is good. As for the bars: I would like some nice, hustle-free bars to kick of the evening. Whilst I am not a fan myself, I have a feeling that my colleagues might want to see a seedier part of town as well. Thus, safe late-night venue suggestions are welcome. My colleagues are all Cambodian babes-in-the-woods and I need to keep them safe(ish).

Thank you very much in advance, I'd be more than happy to point you the right way if you come to Siem Reap.

Hanno

I came accross a bar called Chick n coop... owned by a yank (called coop)! and his wife. Coop has also spent time in England. sits at the bar and is good company whilst the girls are definately hastle free...It is on second road opposite Mikes shopping mall a few shop lots south of kiss food up on the left of a group of bars.....From there you can either head towards Soi Buhkhao after having dined in either Long Horn or the Belgian place.....OR head back towards Beach road and have scoff at Pattaya beer garden ( I prefer it as an afternoon place)..

My preference for food in that area is Long Horn but if you decide PBG or indeed anywhere then just jump on a baht bus and stop where you fancy.

I used to like Drinking street ( after the death of the soi 2/3 bars) but it became a boom boom boom shit music place where the girls are not hastle free...they ignore you.......BUT up on the right is Geordies2...nice place, nice girls......and a nice lady boy...

Where to start and a lot depends on bars only / music bars (music loud / quiet).

For the food and seedier part combined - Beer Garden near the entrance to Walking Street (go-go bars etc). The Beer garden juts out into the sea and as you eat you can look along the seafront or up to the lights on the hill. Walking Street is safe enough. Simply take care as you would in any go-go area. (Beers can be expensive in the go-go bars.

Rock music?

Beach Road :- S0i 8 area - Lucky Corner bar (soi 7) not too loud & is on Beach Road. No hassle from the ladies.

- Poker bar less than 100 metres away. No hassle. Not too loud.

We are the world Bar (soi 8) No Hassle. Not too loud.

Behind this is Cloud 9 - louder wink.png No Hassle.

Soi 8 off Beach Road also has go-go bars - ladies sit on your lap for 90 Baht lady drinks (that is cheap).

2nd Road Toi Bar. Small & very loud Rock. Up near Soi 3? And on the way to Drinking street mentioned ^^^.

18 Coins on Soi Buakhao - good food. Great breakfast IMHO.

Soi 6 off Beach Road, has cheap food, ladyboys and go-go bars.

LK Metro (Soi Buakhao area) Has go-go bars like Champagne a-go-go, The office too.

A LOT more but we do need a location smile.png

edit - fat fingers + small keys = typos :P

Edited by pattayadingo

If you're looking for business class dining I'd suggest Hilton, Mantra, Manhattan or Bruno's. If you want business class dining at a budget price I'd recommend Cherry's. These places all have websites, Google is your friend.

For nightlife just stick to Walking Street and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

That is a fair way out from the general nightlife.

Straight down to Beach Road from there (2.5 kms) will have you on the edge of Beach road and Walking Street. There is a big LCD type screen at the start of walking stree so you cannot miss it. (circled on the map) You being A.

Just before that is 2nd Road. (Pattayasaisong on the map). Here there are Baht Buses will take you on a loop up 2nd Road, down onto Beach Road and back again (careful to try make sure they are on the loop and not turning off). 20 Baht for the round trip. 10 Baht up 2nd Road itself. Flag down a moving one - do not get on one in a queue wink.png

post-146137-0-17346300-1375932093_thumb.

Where to start and a lot depends on bars only / music bars (music loud / quiet).

For the food and seedier part combined - Beer Garden near the entrance to Walking Street (go-go bars etc). The Beer garden juts out into the sea and as you eat you can look along the seafront or up to the lights on the hill. Walking Street is safe enough. Simply take care as you would in any go-go area. (Beers can be expensive in the go-go bars.

Rock music?

Beach Road :- S0i 8 area - Lucky Corner bar (soi 7) not too loud & is on Beach Road. No hassle from the ladies.

- Poker bar less than 100 metres away. No hassle. Not too loud.

We are the world Bar (soi 8) No Hassle. Not too loud.

Behind this is Cloud 9 - louder wink.png No Hassle.

Soi 8 off Beach Road also has go-go bars - ladies sit on your lap for 90 Baht lady drinks (that is cheap).

2nd Road Toi Bar. Small & very loud Rock. Up near Soi 3? And on the way to Drinking street mentioned ^^^.

18 Coins on Soi Buakhao - good food. Great breakfast IMHO.

Soi 6 off Beach Road, has cheap food, ladyboys and go-go bars.

LK Metro (Soi Buakhao area) Has go-go bars like Champagne a-go-go, The office too.

A LOT more but we do need a location smile.png

edit - fat fingers + small keys = typos tongue.png

Just to add to PDs list if you like live music - Rolling Live 2 which is the top end of Walking Street - keep going away from beach road until you hit Soi 16 and it is on that corner. Just after the Nan Nual restaurant.

Rolling Live 2 is quite large so you should definitely get seats, 2 pool tables and multiple TV screens and the ladies do not hassle you.

There is one in Soi 8 as well but I find that too loud.

We did end up on Walking Street eventually. Felt like I was in Beijing as Chinese seemed to be the only language spoken.

Can someone enlighten me: what is with the ping pong balls that can be purchased and thrown at the girls.

And why are the touts in the front pretty and the lasses inside ugly? OK, stupid questionrolleyes.gif

And thanks for the help everyone.

The ping pong balls are rediculous but it's essentially a tip. They cash them in.

The pretty lasses in front work for modelling agencies.

I see. So you buy the balls, chuck them at the lasses, and they get money for each ball they catch? Real classlaugh.png

• Like 1

The ping pong balls are rediculous but it's essentially a tip. They cash them in.

I see. So you buy the balls, chuck them at the lasses, and they get money for each ball they catch? Real classPosted Image

I'd rather buy them a drink. That's the only thing I Dont like about the go go bars.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seriously, it was pathetic. There was this group of Chinese tossing the ping pong balls and taking great pleasure watching the girls scrambling for them. I grew up in Kenya and remember tourists tossing sweets out of their car and having the kids fight for them. Same disgusting behavior.

• Like 1

Seriously, it was pathetic. There was this group of Chinese tossing the ping pong balls and taking great pleasure watching the girls scrambling for them. I grew up in Kenya and remember tourists tossing sweets out of their car and having the kids fight for them. Same disgusting behavior.

Hear hear! It's a very low form of "entertainment". The house gets half of the money from a basket of ping pong balls. I felt it degrading to watch the girls scramble for the 5-baht or 10-baht balls. One of the reasons among many I won't set foot in a go go any more.

• Like 2

Hear hear! It's a very low form of "entertainment". The house gets half of the money from a basket of ping pong balls. I felt it degrading to watch the girls scramble for the 5-baht or 10-baht balls. One of the reasons among many I won't set foot in a go go any more.

Thank God I am not the only one thinking something is wrong with that. I am no bible-thumping conservative by any means, but there is a line somewhere.

Thank God I am not the only one thinking something is wrong with that. I am no bible-thumping conservative by any means, but there is a line somewhere.

In Angeles City the Koreans toss all their small coins on the stage and you should see the mad scramble for that, equally distasteful.

Pattaya Beer Garden, despite its name, is a very nice place to sit, enjoy good food and look over the gulf (never been there in daytime but lovely at night). It's right at the entrance to Walking Street, almost immediately on your right as you pass under the overhead street sign to enter Walking Street. You walk along a string of beer bars on your left down a passageway. You'll know you're there when you also pass by a (touristy) "muay thai" ring among the beer bars.

• Like 1

Could anyone recommend a somewhat quiet restaurant or bar very near or on walking street that I could take my wife to for some people watching?

There is a restaurant just past the entrance to Walking Street, I forget the name but it is on the right hand side after the arch. Go upstairs in there and get a table near the openings facing Walking Street, good views and you can see them but they don't usually look up and see you.

In the good old days a ping-pong show had a totally different meaning, and it was a lot more entertaining and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Beats me why anyone wastes their time or money in Walking Street these days. Paying through the nose for being bored out of my mind has little appeal to me.

I see. So you buy the balls, chuck them at the lasses, and they get money for each ball they catch? Real classlaugh.png

many years ago, in some of the ''classier'' go-go's you could rent a small plastic spring loading toy gun and buy x3 arrow like projectiles with suckers on the end for 100 baht

the aim of this was you were intended to shoot at the girls on stage with the intention of sticking one of the suckers to the girls rear end

should you succeed and she retrieved it , she got 20 baht for it

ah simple pleasures..........

• Like 1

Pattaya Beer Garden, despite its name, is a very nice place to sit, enjoy good food and look over the gulf (never been there in daytime but lovely at night). It's right at the entrance to Walking Street, almost immediately on your right as you pass under the overhead street sign to enter Walking Street. You walk along a string of beer bars on your left down a passageway. You'll know you're there when you also pass by a (touristy) "muay thai" ring among the beer bars.

Touristy like hell but I like it. We kicked off the last two evenings there.

many years ago, in some of the ''classier'' go-go's you could rent a small plastic spring loading toy gun and buy x3 arrow like projectiles with suckers on the end for 100 baht

the aim of this was you were intended to shoot at the girls on stage with the intention of sticking one of the suckers to the girls rear end

should you succeed and she retrieved it , she got 20 baht for it

ah simple pleasures..........

Yeeeehah!