Thailand to use cat bags to entice tourists

webfact

Surely a Buffalo would have been a good image

What about Sheep? I love sheep. Knew one once called Susan. She had lovely brown eyes....oh..erm.. sorry - getting carried away there

Surely you pulled the wool over her eyes first?Posted Image

Bloomin perverts everywhere! Next someone will asking if I have any photos.

THIS was a private relationship between me & Susan. Wish I'd never mentioned it now

• Like 2

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For reasons I don't recall, don't Siamese cats actually originate from ancient Egypt - in the time of the Pharoes & have absolutely ZERO to do with Siam / Thailand!?!?

Good research from TAT!

Interesting comment, as ancient Egyptians vere very fond of cats. Made me check Wikipedia, who says:

»The Siamese (Thai: วิเชียรมาศ, RTGS: Wichianmat) is one of the first distinctly recognized breeds of Oriental cat. The breed originated in Thailand (formerly known as Siam), where they are one of several native breeds and are called Wichian Mat (วิเชียรมาศ, a name meaning "moon diamond"). In the 20th century the Siamese cat became one of the most popular breeds in Europe and North America.«

Edit: Typo sad.png

Yes the Egyptians loved cats. That is why the killed them and entomed them in the hundreds with their mummies.

Surely a Buffalo would have been a good image

What about Sheep? I love sheep. Knew one once called Susan. She had lovely brown eyes....oh..erm.. sorry - getting carried away there

Surely you pulled the wool over her eyes first?whistling.gif

Bloomin perverts everywhere! Next someone will asking if I have any photos.

THIS was a private relationship between me & Susan. Wish I'd never mentioned it now

Kiwi, right?

For reasons I don't recall, don't Siamese cats actually originate from ancient Egypt - in the time of the Pharoes & have absolutely ZERO to do with Siam / Thailand!?!?

Good research from TAT!

Interesting comment, as ancient Egyptians vere very fond of cats. Made me check Wikipedia, who says:

»The Siamese (Thai: วิเชียรมาศ, RTGS: Wichianmat) is one of the first distinctly recognized breeds of Oriental cat. The breed originated in Thailand (formerly known as Siam), where they are one of several native breeds and are called Wichian Mat (วิเชียรมาศ, a name meaning "moon diamond"). In the 20th century the Siamese cat became one of the most popular breeds in Europe and North America.«

Edit: Typo sad.png

Yes the Egyptians loved cats. That is why the killed them and entomed them in the hundreds with their mummies.

Contrary to the Thais the ancient Egyptians know how to store food long term.

To fight the rodents they had most likely domesticated a hybrid between the African Wildcat and the Marsh Cat. While there exists evidence that cats were ritually sacrificed, it was common that the death of a cat was mourned like the death of a family member. There were cat cemeteries and also places to store mummified cats - around the temple of Bubastis, which shows the high esteem in which cats were held, as mummifying was a costly procedure. Unfortunately a lot of cat mummies were sold to British businessmen in the 19th century and ended up as fertilizer. (source: Roger Tabor - Understanding Cats)

I though the real Siamese Cat more or less wanished from Thailand. Read a few years ago, that they would like it to come back.

No doubt it would have vanished in the POT like near all the other animals. OR sold to neighbouring countries.

I BET THE CAT IS NOT INTERESTED. They are owned and cherished by wealthy people, my god they are expensive to buy from a breeder in U.K. These are beatiful animals very intelligent but, VERY vocal ( like most PUSSY'S here)giggle.gif

Yes, they are very intelligent.

My grandmother used to breed and show them, a few years ago I visited a cat show and was upset to see how the breed is being changed, they now favour very skinny and pointed faces, must be difficult for them to eat naturally.

I remember when my grandmother died, we inherited the two remaining cats (mother and daughter), a guy used to walk his six greyhounds up our road, I think he deliberately crossed the road to pass our house, the dogs would bark at the cats, The cats would sit in full view of the dogs and just swear at them, that was until one day they ambushed them, the guy walking his dogs came of worst, he was pulled to the ground and then dragged along by the dogs. never saw him again.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Clearly there needs to be more work done on this project, with a Siamese Cat representing the Thai Animal there is room for the Thai National Tree who's common name is "The Golden Shower."

I think a suitable graphic could be produced to combine these two images.....

clap2.gif

Siamese cats? Siam? Thailand?

It's cute. It might even work.

Maybe not the best PR campaign ever, but certainly not the worst.

Come on guys, let's lighten up.

Thailand forTit- for TAT, make a clean breast of things, I think I have boobed.