Russian accused of stealing Donation Box at Pattaya Shopping Mall

Rimmer

Russian accused of stealing Donation Box at Pattaya Shopping Mall

box-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--A 20 year old Russian National was arrested early on Thursday Morning after he was seen by Security Guards at a South Pattaya Shopping Mall, allegedly stealing a donation box.

The box belonged to the Operation Blessing Foundation (Thai) and contained approximately 2,000 Baht.

The suspect was initially detained by Security Guards at Mike Shopping Mall who saw the man take the box situated close to the Pattaya Second Road entrance to the Mall.
Mr. Victor Petrov was taken to Pattaya Police Station where he was unable to communicate with Police due to him being unable to speak Thai or English. A translator was brought in but Mr. Petrov refused to speak about the alleged theft.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/98329/russian-accused-stealing-donation-box-pattaya-shopping-mall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-08

Pinching charity boxes has to be one of those crimes where the penalty is always going to be far greater then any potential reward.

If you want to rob from charities, you need to get a job in the higher echelons of one and the excessive pay and expenses will make it all above board.

Sad but very true!

• Like 1

I'm not bashing Russians, but just making an observation in the fact they have certainly taken the heat off us Brits over the last couple of years smile.png

I never realised Brits were better than Russian ... I may have missed something somewhere.

Never said better, actually the contrary, but agreed on one point, you do need to get out more.

I'm not bashing Russians, but just making an observation in the fact they have certainly taken the heat off us Brits over the last couple of years smile.png

I never realised Brits were better than Russian ... I may have missed something somewhere.

You must indeed.

• Like 1

These Russians have really raised the bar over the last few years!facepalm.gif

There is no need to put all the Russian in the same basket. There are many very nice Russian as there are jerks in any countries , included yours too probably.

Yeah, just been in Russia for a month, hospitality and warm hearted people Just as many dirt bags and rude bastards just probably a few more crooks than OZ

There is no need to put all the Russian in the same basket. There are many very nice Russian as there are jerks in any countries , included yours too probably.

Your'e correct, we have Russian jerks in my country as well but most of em are in Russia.

Edited by CIHUAHUA

You're right that all nationalities have their bad eggs, but in the past few years it seems to me that there has been a disproportionate number of Russians being accused and arrested for crimes in Thailand ... at least from the reports I see here on TV.com news.

Brilliant. You made that conclusion based on some Pattaya news clippings?

In actual fact the number of Russian visitors to the region are much higher than most other nationalities, therefore a seemingly disproportionate number of reports is actually proportionate.

I'm sure that there are many very nice Russians visiting Pattaya.

I also agree that there are jerks amongst all the different nationalities visiting Pattaya too.

Isn't it true though, that it's the Russians who have committed crimes here, that have never

been seen committed before by foreigners?

It's the uniqueness of the crimes that they are committing that i'm referring to.

Hence, why i stated that they have really raised the bar!

Stealing a charity box! How low can you go?

Having sex on the sand in the middle of Pattaya beach in full view to all the locals?

This has happened numerous times in the last few years!

Russian hit squad arrested in Pattaya June 2013

Russian kidnapping gang arrested in Samui Feb 2013

These are unique crimes committed by Russians, not by any other expat nationals,

i could name many more, but then i'll be accused of Russian bashing!

• Like 1

Someone remembers a story at the beginning of the week???

There is no Russian Mafia in Pattaya!!! just lunatics????

Yeah, it seems strange that the local Pattaya BIB needed to make that statement?

Why did they refer to Russian Mafia and not any other nationality?

They could have said, Italian Mafia, American Mafia, English Mafia, German Mafia, etc.

Were they just Russian bashing?

Let me see, 11 Russians arrested for dancing in a night club without valid work permits

Russians arrested for having sex on the beach (this has happened twice now)

And now stealing a charity box...how low does it go?

Certainly not the quality tourists some people think they are.