Building Supply Shop ?

Manassas

Nice rain overnight. It not only cooled things off nicely, it showed me where the roof is leaking. It's a 12 year old house and the valley gutters are leaking. The valleys seem to be tin with welded seams. (Why there are seams I can only guess)

We will be remodeling and replacing the roof over the next couple of years. I am looking for a temporary fix. Are there some shops that carry a good sealant? Preferably imported - some type of polymer. I am closer to Chiang Khong than CR so shops in either town will do.

Cheers and enjoy the cool rain. thumbsup.gif

I've tried different products for endeavoring to fix leaky roofs. The black water-base stuff seems to work as well or better than any of the others. I can't recall the name. It's also low cost. Most hardware stores have it. If memory serves, it comes in a small white plastic tub. Within, it's in a clear plastic bag. First thing I do when opening the lid: squeeze the stuff out of the bag and throw the bag away. It does stain skin, so use rubber gloves.

btw, and this is typical for Thailand: after squeezing from bag to tub, you'll see it only fills about 55% of the tub. Not a big deal with the stuff I mentioned, because it's cheap. .....but it's indicative of the low-handed ways Thai (and Chinese) product suppliers think they're being sly - by delivering less than the customer thinks he's getting.