New Airline Route Chiang Mai - Hong Kong

bluweyze

A new airline will fly the Hong Kong Chiang Mai route from late September. Hong Kong Express. This will be a daily flight departing Chiang Mai at 15:50 arriving Hong Kong at 20:00.

I have checked the website and it is not yet posted so I do not know the prices but any competition must be good news.

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup,

Out of curiosity, I went to Hong Kong Express' website, looked up the fare for a round-trip in late September from HKG<=> CNX: it was HKD 4010, about 16,144 THB. http://book.hongkongairlines.com/hxet/reservation/AVQuery.do?language=US&orgcity=HKG&dstcity=CNX&takeoffDate=2013-09-27&cabinType=ECONOMY&adultCount=1&childCount=0&tripType=RT&sureDate=1&returnDate=2013-10-09

But, trying to look-up CNX<=>HKG, for the same dates, led to a "service not available" page, and other dates I tried, switching origin and destination both ways, in November, led to the same page.

Look like it is in the planning stage; evidently I just happened to hit the right date.

~o:37;

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup,

Out of curiosity, I went to Hong Kong Express' website, looked up the fare for a round-trip in late September from HKG<=> CNX: it was HKD 4010, about 16,144 THB. http://book.hongkongairlines.com/hxet/reservation/AVQuery.do?language=US&orgcity=HKG&dstcity=CNX&takeoffDate=2013-09-27&cabinType=ECONOMY&adultCount=1&childCount=0&tripType=RT&sureDate=1&returnDate=2013-10-09

But, trying to look-up CNX<=>HKG, for the same dates, led to a "service not available" page, and other dates I tried, switching origin and destination both ways, in November, led to the same page.

Look like it is in the planning stage; evidently I just happened to hit the right date.

~o:37;

If you hit the " flexible with travel" button you will see the prices. Looks like from it is from HKD2590 unless there is + +

Checked,there is a fuel charge of HKD698

Edited by Thailand

My bad.

They fly

CM <> Hangzhou or

CM <> Shanghai - Pudong

AirAsia's HK <> CM is often booked solid weeks and months in advance.

They stop in Malaysia on the way, so you have really got to go all the way down there before you can start to fly back up, and they are not cheap at all to the Chinese destinations even in their "once a week" sales

On the subject of new airline routes, anyone know about developments on the direct Chiang Mai -Hua Hin route. The Bangkok Post reported this in December last year, due to start early Jan.2013? Think it was Nok air?

I really do not believe this will ever happen. Even the very limited BBK flights have not been operating for a long time so no scheduled flights at all last time I looked at Hua Hin airport web site. My wife's home is near Hua Hin and years ago I expected we could fly direct - sadly there has been no progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have information on getting from Macau to Guangzhou?

I'm planning on flying from CNX early next year, and it seems an easier connection than hanging around BKK for hours to get to Guaungzhou.

Not related to above CM-HK...but been reading this week that City Airways is hoping to start flying between BK ( The Don) and Chiang Mai.

Checked their web but pretty basic.....still..

Anyway in my book the more the merrier.

Wife had to do a quick R/T last week and Bangkok Airways came out with best last minute fares....keep them a coming.....

Not related to above CM-HK...but been reading this week that City Airways is hoping to start flying between BK ( The Don) and Chiang Mai.

Checked their web but pretty basic.....still..

Anyway in my book the more the merrier.

Wife had to do a quick R/T last week and Bangkok Airways came out with best last minute fares....keep them a coming.....

The average age of their fleet is 20 years old. whistling.gif

Does anyone have information on getting from Macau to Guangzhou?

I'm planning on flying from CNX early next year, and it seems an easier connection than hanging around BKK for hours to get to Guaungzhou.

Because of the short distance from Macao to Guangzhou, I would not think there any flights. Another option is to take the train, but to do that you will have to cross the land border into Zhuhai, which is a very long walk, and with luggage difficult. Perhaps your best option is to fly into HK, take a bus or MTR to Hunghom and take the fast train from there to GZ