Coming from Philippines

I have a lady coming to visit Thailand from the Philippines. She will have less than 3 Months before her passport expires. (she is coming on 5th September, passport expires on 13 November). She tells me someone told her, she needs to have at least 3 months on her passport or she wont be allowed to enter. She will be in possesion of a return ticket, and is only staying for 1 week. Will she be OK ??? Also she will be staying with a lady freind of mine.

I would have her replace passport if currently in the Philippines as that country may well not allow her exit with such a short validity period (besides airline itself not liking short validity exit immigration officers use any excuse they can find to deny travel to Philippine female travelers).

We had tremendous hassle getting exit permission from the Philippine gov't for 22 yr old friend of wife who wanted to come for 30-day visit to Phuket. Not the Thai entry part but the Philippine gov't barriers to single women exiting PH. Best make sure you have all your ducks in row, at least 6-months on passport, financial ability, letter from you and wife (pics of both and Thai ID card). In theory as ASEAN citizen she should be able to just hop on plane with ticket and passport but that is not the actual reality.