Monitory data usage on iPad via AIS eService

qdinthailand

With an iPhone post-paid package with AIS, you go to their website, access the eService page and put in your phone number. You receive an SMS with a OTP pin, which gives you access to your usage details - how many minutes of calls, SMS/MMS counts, and data usage.

With the iPad, AIS tells you to do the same for your postpaid account.

However, your iPad isn't a cell phone. You do not receive SMS messages. You get Apple messages, via internet, but not cell SMS.

I can't get this through to the folks at AIS - they cannot tell me, other than via the eService site, how to get access to this information. One Customer Service person suggested I put the iPad sim into my phone, and that would work. OK, it would work, but this is not a proper solution.

I want to know how much usage I'm getting - to decide whether I'm paying for too much unused features.

Anyone else had to deal with this?

(lol - sorry about the title - Monitory? try Monitoring maybe)

Edited by qdinthailand

I've used the Android app. with the new, pre-paid AIS/2100 MHz 3G service. There is a similar iPhone version.

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/ais-eservice/id399758084?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ais.mimo.eservice&hl=en

Not sure if these provide the level of detail you require, or if they work if you happen to be on the legacy AIS (900) service?

Not sure what lamotop is saying:

That I should somehow use an Android app on my iPad? Or I should dump the iPad and buy a tablet device that uses Android?

Does the Android tablet receive SMS?

And 2008bangkok is suggesting I ignore the speed and convenience of an online service offering and instead dial up AIS and get them to tell me over the phone the details of data usage.

So what's the point of AIS having eService for a product they support, but which doesn't provide eService access via the device they support, unless you're willing to swap the sim with a cellphone every time you wish to check your usage details (which most likely would be once, then you'd say 'to hell with it, too much trouble'.)

Am I the only one that thinks this situation is strange?

That I should somehow use an Android app on my iPad? Or I should dump the iPad and buy a tablet device that uses Android?

Not sure how you were unable to follow my post?

AIS has BOTH an iProduct eService app, and an Android version.

By providing the link to the iProduct app. I assumed you could figure that out and try it? Here it is again:

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

The primary challenge is that a 3G iPad cannot originate USSD messages, like *139#, unless it is jail-broken.

All you need to check is data usage, obviously.

Not sure how you were unable to follow my post?

AIS has BOTH an iProduct eService app, and an Android version.

By providing the link to the iProduct app. I assumed you could figure that out and try it? Here it is again:

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

The primary challenge is that a 3G iPad cannot originate USSD messages, like *139#, unless it is jail-broken.

All you need to check is data usage, obviously.

my apologies.