Fill Me In Please

In the land of smiles there are a lot of lies floating around

or at least rumors....

I try to live up to the facts.....and need to see prove before i considering it a fact.

Up till now i have been repeatetly been informed by IMMIGRATION OFFICERS.....

That I (as a Dutchman) need at least 800.000 bath on eighter income or bank account.

in Bangkok i have been told by immigration that i need at least 400.000 bath

fill me in please.

My son , who is born in Thailand but has farangparents, has just like his father an retirementvisa also, i have been told that as he is born in thailand he can apply for Thai ID card when he is (5) or at least 10 years old......????????

treu or false.

footnote.

Thai Rak Thai ....YES

But as a houseowner...non.immigrant...........familyman..........and having a family from a diffirent country than Thailand.......I as well as my whole family are gratefull to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.

And YES its a lot of hard work(3 years) before we could finish the legal paperwork but just as it is in the rest of the world........you need to prove your quilified to be part of thai society.....earn respect ......and only by hard work, (not by being drunk and disordely), and with a transparant agenda....Thai society is a great place to live in.

no regrets

remarks??? Happy Songkran

hgma (over 50)

I think that the 400K is for a marriage (to support wife) extension and 800K is for a retirement extension. See Required documents (Visa Extension, to spend the remainder of life and to support a wife who is Thai citizen or who is a permanent resident (non-Thai husband)).

See also Retiremenet Visa Vs Marriage Visa, Bad advice followed by a saga of stupidity and incompetence.

Unfortunately however, if your wife isn't Thai nor a permanent resident, then I think that the marriage extension is not applicable and your son is not eligible to aquire Thai nationality. See Thailand’s Nationality Act for more information. What nationality does he have stated on his birth certificate? Thai children will apply for their Thai IDs when they are 15.

Edited by vinny