Legal action to be taken against websites and property owners allowing sales of bootleg items

Lite Beer

Legal action to be taken against websites and property owners allowing sales of bootleg items

BANGKOK, 12 August 2013 (NNT)-The Department of Intellectual Property (DIP) will be taking legal actions against online shops that sell bootlegs items, as there has been a growing number of copyright infringements on a wide range of products.

According to DIP Director General Pajchima Thanasanti, the ISP or internet provider has been instructed by her department to prevent anyone from selling bootleg products on website or facebook. Among popular items being copied and sold online are music, movies, bags, glasses, and clothes.

In addition, the DIP is currently in the process of enforcing the law on property owners, who have allegedly allowed copycat products to be sold on their premises. A public forum has also been held to gather views and opinions regarding the law, Mrs. Pajchima said.

It will be finalized by the end of next month and suggestions and advice will then be used in deliberating the extent of law. The move is said to encourage property owners to keep any types of infringement at bay and make it extremely difficult for anyone to attempt to sell knock-off merchandise.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-12 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

The illegal products are everywhere, even in large Malls,crack down on it and

there are going to be 10s of 1000s without work, what then ?

It will be one of those couple of weeks, crack down with photo opportunities,

that will soon be forgotten, then back to normality .

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

This IS a joke; right? not the Onion? ok...I just shopped a home IT system for a friend...the salespersons @ every single store I shopped told me (a frang, I) *Thais don't buy original Operating Systems*...still bought MW Windoze 7 for 25

00TBt...can't FIND original gaming CDs except at a tiney shop @ MBK, 3rd floor who says he can't compete w/100% pirated software affordable for 100Tbt/title...gimme a Brrrrrreaaaaaaaake. ;-} rap.

Almost time for the annual photo-op with a bulldozer, a bonfire and a mountain of bootlegged/pirated DVDs. thumbsup.gif

I await a steamrollering of servers.

"We couldn't understand how they got all that stuff inside, but somehow it contained 1000k fake handbags"

Of course, if they've taken the time to inspect the website selling the bogus stuff, finding the sellers might be to much like hard work.

First they have to announce the exact date and start time of the crackdown, so that the owners of the sites will have time to schedule their essential server maintenance.

It would also help if they specify the finish time of the crackdown, so people don't waste money restarting their auctions too early..

Of course the foreigners are causing all this trouble in the first place...

why start with online stuff?

mbk, pantip, about every shopping mall or street corner has guys & girls selling fake goods

The reason the powers-that-be start with the online stuff is that online sellers are unlikely to be making the required "contributions" to certain individuals that the sellers in the places you mention no doubt make regularly.

• Like 2

This IS a joke; right? not the Onion? ok...I just shopped a home IT system for a friend...the salespersons @ every single store I shopped told me (a frang, I) *Thais don't buy original Operating Systems*...still bought MW Windoze 7 for 25

00TBt...can't FIND original gaming CDs except at a tiney shop @ MBK, 3rd floor who says he can't compete w/100% pirated software affordable for 100Tbt/title...gimme a Brrrrrreaaaaaaaake. ;-} rap.

The biggest joke is that original are in Thailand far cheaper than in Europe.....

LOL I have a close friend who works for a gov ernment department and she says all the operating sydtem and software is pirated The government can raid itself Or they should convict the people who sold it to them. LOL

How is any crackdown going to work LOL

The biggest joke is that original are in Thailand far cheaper than in Europe.....

Maybe cheaper - But impossible to find !!!

Maybe cheaper - But impossible to find !!!

Panthip plaza has the originals.

But funny is that in Europe they tell us that the Originals are so expensive because of the copies. So in Europe where aren't that much copies it should be very cheap or?

It's a joke. It is also a tap dance showing the international community that THais are taking action to curtail the massive trade in illegal property in THailand.

The US is the prime mover behind all the intellectual property rights noise. And so far they've been appealing to other countries' sense of business ethics to try and control it. Everyone but the US seems to know this is a dumb approach.

But if they ever break the code...watch the fur fly. If they decide it's worth it...a few hundred million dollars deposited in a few select off shore bank accounts and all the bootleg stuff here could disappear tomorrow. The top couple of local power brokers would gladly throw countless people out of work (they'll find other jobs) if it added the right number of zeros to their own bankbooks.

They can afford 500 Baht DVDs.

Edited by marell