University student stabbed dead after drunken fistfights in Nakon Pathom

webfact

Mr. Ronnachai Jutin the student who committed the stabbing manslaughter of the older student Mr. Patrawith ′Dear′ Wattanawetchasak is back at Silapakorn University to finish his degree after his father payed 500,000 baht compensation to the family of Mr Patrawith. Due to him missing his exams he is back in the 4th years at the same campus. So presumably money has been paid to the Uni as well. No jail term, No changing Universities.. Nothing but a slap on the wrist. and a slight slap at that.

​Thailand, It sometimes amazes me even after nearly 9 years here. And not in a good way.

500k isn't much compensation for a young life.

Assuming he had only 40 years of productive life in front of him that's only 12,500 a year.

There is also the aspect of him probably having to be the provider for his parents in their old age.

If I had been the parents of the dead boy I would have wanted 500million and to see him strung from the highest tree.

But now Mr. Ronnachai Jutin knows that if he gets into another fight he can again knife someone to death and get away with it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Ronnachai Jutin the student who committed the stabbing manslaughter of the older student Mr. Patrawith ′Dear′ Wattanawetchasak is back at Silapakorn University to finish his degree after his father payed 500,000 baht compensation to the family of Mr Patrawith. Due to him missing his exams he is back in the 4th years at the same campus. So presumably money has been paid to the Uni as well. No jail term, No changing Universities.. Nothing but a slap on the wrist. and a slight slap at that.

​Thailand, It sometimes amazes me even after nearly 9 years here. And not in a good way.

500k isn't much compensation for a young life.

Assuming he had only 40 years of productive life in front of him that's only 12,500 a year.

There is also the aspect of him probably having to be the provider for his parents in their old age.

If I had been the parents of the dead boy I would have wanted 500million and to see him strung from the highest tree.

But now Mr. Ronnachai Jutin knows that if he gets into another fight he can again knife someone to death and get away with it.

This is only the tip of the iceberg in this story. Who knows what events may have transpired and caused the family of the victim to "settle"?