Alternatives to the Londoner for real beer and good food at as reasonable price.

Longbow212

Hi all,

For quite a while now when I arrange to meet friends we tend to gravitate towards the Londoner. I do enjoy it for the real beer, decent food and good service (in most cases) all at a decent price or better if you go on certain nights and at a convenient location. However, I am also getting a little bored of it and want to try new places. To my knowledge there is no where else. I do know of some boutique beer places on Tongleur but 300bht a pint is just too expensive if you plan on having a few. Tawengdaeng brewery beer is sh!t. I welcome your suggestions for new places to try.

Thanks

The Black Swan is OK but pricey

The Robin Hood is OK but a bit neddy.

Dubliners' band was too loud. I am sure you could find something to complain about anywhere. My recommendation for a decent pint of real ale is the UK, and when that is impracticable, make do with the local bottles.

I like the seafood court on Soi 7, which also sells food, or there's Carrefour food court on Rama IV, where the beer is very cheap by the jug, and rightly so. My recommendation would be to accept quantity as a (possibly poor) second best to quality

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

I used to be a regular in Londoner, especially for their buy one get one free Wednesday nights (i understand thats stopped now, which is a pity). Now i have moved to Robin Hood good view of sukhumvit and normally nicely busy after work time or Royal Oak just round the corner.

I think the stumbling block is what I understand is Thb10 million for a licence to brew beer.

Robin Hood, etc good for Guiness, otherwise put plenty of ice in Singha and throw that down your neck.

A few pints of Timothy Taylors 'Landlord' is almost worth buying a UK ticket for. Aahhh...

Does The Londoner do actually good British pub food? Every expat pub I've been to so far in BKK has been disappointing. I feel really annoyed I've spent 350B on some slop most of the time.

I was told that the food in the Black Swan was excellent, but I don't think I've ever eaten there

SC

My favourite is hitting the Queen Vic for a couple of pints and then Bradmans for food, both are on Soi 23. The breakfast at the Queen Vic is one of the better items on the menu, if the staff were nice I'd go more often. Bradmans isn't so much a pub setting but has great food and decent lager, nice staff and the owner is a really nice Aussie chap.

Does The Londoner do actually good British pub food? Every expat pub I've been to so far in BKK has been disappointing. I feel really annoyed I've spent 350B on some slop most of the time.

I was told that the food in the Black Swan was excellent, but I don't think I've ever eaten there

SC

The Black Swan has reasonable priced beer during their happy hour. The food is good but very pricey.

OK food at a very reasonable price at the Bus Stop on Soi 4. Beer is reasonable too but limited selection.

• Like 1

Eaten a few times in black swan cant fault it really.price as expected really for imported food and beer.they have a web site too if you google it...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app