Royal Cliff Wing & Spa

PattayaEx

Hi, people...just wanted to know what you all think of the royal cliff resort?

worth staying?

i hear not much happening on that side of the hill, any info would be very much appreciated, although i've been there already twice before, i still can't find a hotel with a better view ....

:o

Hi, people...just wanted to know what you all think of the royal cliff resort?

worth staying?

i hear not much happening on that side of the hill, any info would be very much appreciated, although i've been there already twice before, i still can't find a hotel with a better view ....

:o

The Royal cliff is obviously a first class hotel with outstanding views.

I have stayed there twice albeit some years ago and I had no complaints.

The only problem as far as I am concerned is the location as I like to walk a lot and at night getting back to the hotel or leaving the hotel is a no go because of safety issues. I found that I was using the hotel`s Mercedes more often than I should have been even when only going to South Pattaya.

The landmark rooms on the eigth floor of the Dusit hotel are superb and the views are quite stunning if you take a sea view room, which also have a huge balcony even equiped with a shower. The facilities in the hotel are excellent and the location for me is perfect as you are on Beach Road in a matter of seconds.

Of course there are many buildings with good sea views from Jomtien right up to Naklua. :D

I used to work at the Resort, and it's pretty old and outdated.

Try the NEW Sheraton next door if you really want good service. The service at the Royal Cliff has gone down hill for hte past 5 years, it's no longer the hotel it used to be. I don't expect the Royal Cliff to be competative at the upper end of the market unless major changes are done.

--matt

I'd definitely go for the Sheraton, I have only stayed at Landmark in Bangkok and I'd described it exactly as MattFS218 described it, "old and outdated", as for the Sheraton, I've used both the one in Pattaya and the one in Bangkok and I was pleased with both of them, the only thing you should consider it's the distance, if you're looking for high-class, you should consider Marriott or the Amari Orchid hotel.

Have fun!!! :o

Try the NEW Sheraton next door if you really want good service. The service at the Royal Cliff has gone down hill for hte past 5 years, it's no longer the hotel it used to be. I don't expect the Royal Cliff to be competative at the upper end of the market unless major changes are done.

--matt

In July and August they would close part of building and do renovations. 2 years ago I could hear jack hamering and drilling from the main wing.

Certainly, if a new Sheraton is there, no doubt where I would go if the prices were comparable and I was to pay that much.

However, without a car I would not stay there.

Walking from a luxury room, marble foyers.... straight into ....a songtiew, deeply bowing to take a seat in a cage mounted on a pickup truck.

will b there for june , definately will try out the sheraton and dusit lndmark rooms, just hope can catch all the right girls there.....im not the bar type myself, i like to stay in nice secluded bars like in hotels etc, etc...

any ideas....??

will b there for june , definately will try out the sheraton and dusit lndmark rooms, just hope can catch all the right girls there.....im not the bar type myself, i like to stay in nice secluded bars like in hotels etc, etc.

any ideas....??

Don't bother coming to Pattaya :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

• 2 weeks later...

--matt

Matthew Fong was a former employee of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and has been with us only for a very short period. His feedback is therefore not objective. Please disregard his above comments.

Alexander Haeusler

The whole of the Royal Cliff seems to be in a time warp - the product is old and very worn round the edges - in its day it was superb but now its tired - not a problem so much when you have no real competition but now with the resurgence of the Dusit Thani and the new Sheraton, they need to seriously re-invest some money and upgrade the product. I always find the service to be outstanding - its the product that lets it down.

--matt

Matthew Fong was a former employee of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and has been with us only for a very short period. His feedback is therefore not objective. Please disregard his above comments.

Alexander Haeusler

Quite why the representative of the Royal Cliff should get exercised over his erstwhile subordinate's comments is puzzling. The demographic of this forum is such that one could reasonably assume that the impact of any negative publicity upon the hotel's trade would be marginal to say the least. Most here are inclined to the lower end of the market distinguished by easy proximity to beer bars and greasy spoon caffs.

Perhaps the Cliff is in trouble.

--matt

Alexander Haeusler

Oh this is rather interesting... Of course Mr. Haeuslers opinion isn't biased because he's the respected general manager of the resort. I didn't realize the resort cared much about these forums. :o

--matt

--matt

Alexander Haeusler

Oh this is rather interesting... Of course Mr. Haeuslers opinion isn't biased because he's the respected general manager of the resort. I didn't realize the resort cared much about these forums. :o

--matt

Maybe a sponsorship deal could be in the offing....with special rates for TV members?

--matt

Alexander Haeusler

Memorandum

From: The (he who must be obeyed) General Manager, Royal Cliff

To: Readers of that seditious, trouble making website, commonly known as the TV Forum

High Priority Decree

Matthew Fong was a former employee of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and has been with us only for a very short period. His feedback is therefore not objective. Please disregard his above comments. (Or we have ways of making you disregard them :o )

All a bit puzzling to me. Some comments on a hotel property and suddenly a newby comes up with a record of

Most active in Pattaya Forum

( 1 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )

claiming that a Matthew Fong was a former employee...

Now who is this Matthew Fong? Seems not a member of TV and his name did not appear before.

Could it be that somebody tries to posting another members personal details? Such, I believe is forbidden by point 2 of the forum rules and will result in being banned.

And if, whoever is mentioned, was a former employee, than by now he now longer is a former employee.

Puzzled? :o

All a bit puzzling to me. Some comments on a hotel property and suddenly a newby comes up with a record of
Most active in Pattaya Forum

( 1 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )

claiming that a Matthew Fong was a former employee...

Now who is this Matthew Fong? Seems not a member of TV and his name did not appear before.

Could it be that somebody tries to posting another members personal details? Such, I believe is forbidden by point 2 of the forum rules and will result in being banned.

And if, whoever is mentioned, was a former employee, than by now he now longer is a former employee.

Puzzled? :o

It certainly looks like a bad start for Mr. H...........probably broken the rules with his first post and not even got a plug in for the establishment where he works.

I suppose that if someone worked for him and broke the rules on the first day they would get dismissed.....or am I being a little too harsh on Mr. H?

Just to rub Royal Cliffs nose in the in a bit more some friends and the wife and I had lunch at the Sheraton resort today, you really have to see this place to believe it, it is beautiful. :D

Told you so, bump :o....

So I actually don't have that much beef with the resort other than they stiffed me 15,000 baht of my salary on my departure to another company. But my review is honest, and true (I just might have refrained from sharing it, had I been paid).

You have to figure, if they treat their employees this way, they must not treat their customers much better...or at the very least their low-paid employees won't put much effort into going the extra mile.

What goes around comes around.

--Matt

Just to rub Royal Cliffs nose in the in a bit more some friends and the wife and I had lunch at the Sheraton resort today, you really have to see this place to believe it, it is beautiful. :D

Told you so, bump :D....

So I actually don't have that much beef with the resort other than they stiffed me 15,000 baht of my salary on my departure to another company. But my review is honest, and true (I just might have refrained from sharing it, had I been paid).

You have to figure, if they treat their employees this way, they must not treat their customers much better...or at the very least their low-paid employees won't put much effort into going the extra mile.

What goes around comes around.

--Matt

I wonder how long it will take for Mr Haeusler to issue more warnings about disregarding your opinions. :o

Pattaya Today had a double page spread this week exalting the delights of the Royal Cliff, and I noticed that their esteemed general manager managed to get his photo in there, not once, but twice, tucking away on an elaborate spread.

He probably ate up all your 15,000 Baht, Mat. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of months ago, whiskey is addling my memory. Heading down the hill from Jomtiem to South Pattaya. BIG RAIN. All the drains overflowing. Cop diverting cars at the big roundabout baht buses allowed to go forward as they are basically trucks. Round the corner HUGH puddle just before the VC the stink of sewage (say cholera with me people) and their sat in the middle water past the door pillars was a Merc with the Royal Cliff logo on the doors. Bet the passengers were happy with that service.

Laughed my ass...