Yesterday i saw a lamb(tourist) going to the slaughter

i claudius

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually as i was leaving i tried to tell him not to rush into anything and that all is not what it seems here,hopefully after a few days up in Isaan with the relatives all there with their hands out he may just come to his senses ,but about 6 months ago myself and a few friends were talking to a guy who was broke after losing two ,yes two houses to women and this was someone who lives here ,was it P T Barnham that said "never give a sucker an even break"

Always attributive to P.t. Barnum but actually he never said that.

Many of us have gone down that beaten path. I went with my ex to the village where po and mama live. They wanted me to fix the roof, get a tractor and buy some land. Not bad for a family that did not go to college and would appear do not know how to negotiate. I survived that one.

But looking back at life, I paid 40% of my income for child support for 18 yrs. that would not happen here. I know a Thai man with for ladies (Mia noi) each with a child!

You survived you say? Damn you. Your kid(s) meant nothing to you? I hope they never hear you 'survived' taking care of them as you SHOULD HAVE!

• Like 1

Did he have the classic "fresh off the boat" look, combined with the "possum caught in the headlight" look? Wearing a Chang singlet, baggy cargo shorts, flip-flops and ankles covered in mozzie bites?

I saw a flock of them on Beach Road last night, most of them heading towards the shearing shed, I mean, Walking Street.blink.png

Shearing shed? isn't that where Ozzies have their first encounter then go on to use it to practice fore-play?

You mutton say that it's baaaaad.

No you fool wai2.gif that's New Z'land

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Many of us have gone down that beaten path. I went with my ex to the village where po and mama live. They wanted me to fix the roof, get a tractor and buy some land. Not bad for a family that did not go to college and would appear do not know how to negotiate. I survived that one.

But looking back at life, I paid 40% of my income for child support for 18 yrs. that would not happen here. I know a Thai man with for ladies (Mia noi) each with a child!

You survived you say? dam_n you. Your kid(s) meant nothing to you? I hope they never hear you 'survived' taking care of them as you SHOULD HAVE!

Amen to that.... sort of

Whatever makes him happy. I'm sure many guys have married "women of the night" and are very happy. Doesn't mean they're going to get ripped off or murdered.

Quite right i know two guys who are married to the nicest ex bar girls you could wish to meet ,one has been 10 years and the other about 23 years ,unfortunatly there are far more who have come to grief. some you win some you lose ,but in the gambeling world the house always wins.

• Like 2

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.".....................Tennyson

"Most men who say they have never been led by the balls by a woman are liars"..........................Me biggrin.png

My thai gf has 3 tattoos-two on back and one small butterfly tattoo on hand.She also has a piercing on tongue.Never worked in bar.She works in office as a accountant in expensive up-class hotel/resort in Pattaya.She also has some bar girls as a friends. Im staying with her for 5 years now.Her parents are not rich but not poor either.She and me never give just 1 baht to her family in this 5 years.They never ask nothing. Infact her parents still give her money when she ask for it.

If she probably was walking out on street 99% of foreigner would think she's a prostitute. Like someone said,don't judge the book by it's cover.Also judging someone because he has tattoos is idiotic,then Angelina Jolie should be xxxxx by how much tattoos she has.If someone is marrying a bar girl he has to know that he will keep his gf/wife only by wallet not love.They work in a bar for a reason and that reason is money,if you don't have it she will not have you.

Edited by metisdead
Inappropriate language removed.

My thai gf has 3 tattoos-two on back and one small butterfly tattoo on hand.She also has a piercing on tongue.Never worked in bar.She works in office as a accountant in expensive up-class hotel/resort in Pattaya.She also has some bar girls as a friends. Im staying with her for 5 years now.Her parents are not rich but not poor either.She and me never give just 1 baht to her family in this 5 years.They never ask nothing. Infact her parents still give her money when she ask for it.

If she probably was walking out on street 99% of foreigner would think she's a prostitute. Like someone said,don't judge the book by it's cover.Also judging someone because he has tattoos is idiotic,then Angelina Jolie should be xxxxx by how much tattoos she has.If someone is marrying a bar girl he has to know that he will keep his gf/wife only by wallet not love.They work in a bar for a reason and that reason is money,if you don't have it she will not have you.

And a Star was Seen in The East.cheesy.gif

don't know what that mean

Met a few parents at different times with different women.

I've NEVER been asked for a satang whilst visiting though the odd trip out to a restaurant might count. But a meal out can tell you a lot about the parents / 'family' by what they order.

As I have said on tv in the past it has always been the woman who f*cks things up, not the parents where I am concerned. I've met some great parents in the past.

Yet there was that case earlier this year where some foreigner went to the village to get married to a Thai lady. My long term g/f family were disgusted because she had a Thai husband already. He was expecting a regular supply of money coming in.

Another guy I actually know - we'll call him J -.

He bought the house in Issan. Had a child. As soon as everything was paid for he got kicked out. Now he struggles by on his pension every month. Turned him into a very bitter and twisted person. Will not buy any Thai woman a drink now.

The list goes on and on, sadly.

So many people have lost their money and you can tell others until you are blue in the face and they will not believe that that sweet, sexy, smiling little Thai 'angel' would rip them off and rip their heart apart too with barely a second thought.

cheesy.gif At the guy having his new found love so unhappy with him already. Best of to him, he might well need it.

Actually as i was leaving i tried to tell him not to rush into anything and that all is not what it seems here,hopefully after a few days up in Isaan with the relatives all there with their hands out he may just come to his senses ,but about 6 months ago myself and a few friends were talking to a guy who was broke after losing two ,yes two houses to women and this was someone who lives here ,was it P T Barnham that said "never give a sucker an even break"

It was WC Fields... The whole quote is, "You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump."

don't know what that mean

I and many others no doubt are not Suprised. How old are You.?.

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.".....................Tennyson

"Most men who say they have never been led by the balls by a woman are liars"..........................Me biggrin.png

We don't know if she has already made physical contact with his balls. If she is or pretends to be "a good girl" it may be "no sex before marriage" for her or at least not before a formal engagement which means Buddhist cereomy and dowry payment (sinsod)

Meeting the parents isnt always that bad or expensive.

I have done it now many times over with my ex wife. I always came back with far more than I ever went with . normally a car full of fruit. or an amulet etc.

The hardest thing for me was eating some of their food as I can be a little squeamish at some of the things they ate, and it was always a problem using the toilet shack as the roof was too low , otherwise they were great people, the whole village turned up to greet me with boxes of drink. for a spontaneous BBQ party.

If the small details are correct, the attitude of this girl in question does however seem suspicious and as a human, it is nice to offer some fore warning to another human that may be about to enter the frey ,, One cant say too much as it could be taken as offensive, we all have a right to make our own mistakes and you can't assume this guy wont be able to deal with the situation as he sees it unfolding .. But a friendly slap on the shoulder and 'say be careful, there are some red flags there mate, have a read on TV if you get the chance'. would have pricked his curiosity he he was completely naive.

Here we have the OP sitting in a beer bar in Pattaya by himself drinking a beer Chang and giving advice to a newbie...........need I say any more?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Probably the best sort of person to give advice, people who sit at bars are more likely to hear about all the scams that go on here

• Like 1

Sounds to me like this lamb is going to have a great experience here in Thailand and will get to see more then just Pattaya. Many people ONLY visit Pattaya then go home with not a lot to say about Thailand but there Pattaya experience.

I think it is great that he will visit a real Thai family and see how hospitable they can be and experience how his maybe future gf/wife's lives.

Smart guy for just renting a mini van and driver for his venture.

He is now on the venture of his life like many of us have been before when we first started coming to Thailand and many it has worked out and for many it has not, either way, great memories and I wish him all the luck in the world. He will at least get to see in 3 days more then what many who have been here for years have not seen.

BTW you should not judge a book by it's cover. Tattoos and the way people dress don't mean anything. There is a girl who works in Big-C that is covered with tattoos but she has a regular job. Why do you assume that this girl is a bar girl? Why didn't you give him some positive stories in Thailand if you have been here for some time?

Tough to find other female ''professionals'' in Thailand sporting Tattoos.

Its just not there culture!

Its been my experience Thai girls with Tattoos are more fun initially.

Heaps more trouble long term.

Unless of course there ''special''.

I've only lived here 18 years and new comers call me cynical.

I just call myself sensible.

Here we have the OP sitting in a beer bar in Pattaya by himself drinking a beer Chang and giving advice to a newbie...........need I say any more?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nice try ,but i had just been to the shops as my wife was away for a couple of days visiting her mum on mothers day and i didnt fancy the journey so i poped into a bar on beach road to do some people watching ,i dont often get the chance , and it was whisky and water ,i dont drink a lot of beer, is there a problem with that?smile.png

• Like 2

I quite like a cold beer Chang don't know why everyone knocks them - aside from the changovers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by johnnyj

I quite like a cold beer Chang don't know why everyone knocks them - aside from the changeovers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nothing wrong with chang ,but beer is out as i am trying to lose a little weight ,starting to get a bit of a bellybiggrin.png