Yesterday i saw a lamb(tourist) going to the slaughter

i claudius

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually as i was leaving i tried to tell him not to rush into anything and that all is not what it seems here,hopefully after a few days up in Isaan with the relatives all there with their hands out he may just come to his senses ,but about 6 months ago myself and a few friends were talking to a guy who was broke after losing two ,yes two houses to women and this was someone who lives here ,was it P T Barnham that said "never give a sucker an even break"

Just go with her to visit her friends at work! That will clear up a lot of things. Yes, tats are often a give away, of course not always. Usually school girls and country girls dont get tats.

I think staff are not allowed to patronize the hotel premises after work. Most hotel anyway.

• Like 1

Does she provide reception at the hotel front of house or rear of house?

Must admit i wondered,but its not my place on meeting a couple for only an hour or so ,to say to much ,as i said on leaving i just said not to rush into anything

• Like 1

This story is not unique, but still funny. Of course I have heard over 10 stories along these lines, some much worse and some much weirder. I would not call it a "lamb to slaughter" unless you felt this guy was extremely handsome, rich, smart, athletic, etc.... and she was the exact opposite. I understand guys want happiness and can't find it at home; these things cost money, anywhere. I get thai women want to be treated well, I would too if in their shoes. anyhow, I just hope the guy spent the last year+ learning some thai. it will make the transition easier, I think.

• Like 1

Bit of an assumption lamb to slaughter. You don't know for certain. Its just a guy in a bar you drank with. I hear all these stories about guys getting ripped off, but have only heard a handful tell their story. The majority are happy and hopefully this guy is also.

• Like 1

Actually as i was leaving i tried to tell him not to rush into anything and that all is not what it seems here,hopefully after a few days up in Isaan with the relatives all there with their hands out he may just come to his senses ,but about 6 months ago myself and a few friends were talking to a guy who was broke after losing two ,yes two houses to women and this was someone who lives here ,was it P T Barnham that said "never give a sucker an even break"

I guess the best advice about avoiding landmines comes from people with missing limbs.

But then usually giving advice is pretty pointless anyway:

post-145917-0-94188900-1376543763_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Met many a thai gal, met the parents only once, never again.

Many a times i am tempted to warn a newbie about one thing or another, sometimes hard to know when and when not to.

That may or may not be the point of the thread but IMHO very much worthy of discussion.

So what can YOU warn people about, "never see the parents"??? You did have once in a lifetime experience

and than you want to warn people.....laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

experience has spoken

Glegolo

Sitting in a bar yesterday afternoon having a quiet drink i got into conversation with a guy who had been here 3 days ,he was with a girl ,and he said that he had been talking to her on the internet for some time and was now here to see about marrying her , he said that she was a receptionist at a hotel ( judging by the way she was dressed and the tats ,i think it was in soi6) anyway she was in a bad mood because he was only going to hire a minibus for 3 days to go to Isaan to meet the parents and she wanted to go for 10 days ,which effectivly was the rest of his holiday ,and she wanted him to put the driver up in a hotel so he could drive the familly around in that time , he seemed like a nice guy ,but it put me in mind of a lamb going to the slaughter ,it still amazes me after all this time how men can be led along by the balls . anyway just thought i would share this, even if it is an old old story ,rolleyes.gif

Do him a big favour.... Go and find him and point him to a copy of Stephen Leather's Private Dancer. Poor bastzzd

Private Dancer is a great book