Down Town Inn.

Ace of Pop

>>But as with the other two deaths we will never know.<<

Well not now as they have destroyed all the evidance .I.E,Knocking down a perfectly good structure worth 100s of millions .Somebody must be trying tio hide a hell of a big secret .

"Now its been demolished..."

Too bad the criminals responsible for the Downtown Inn deaths weren't buried in the rubble.

Since the cause of death was never established, despite extensive forensic tests in Thailand, USA and Japan I wonder what criminals you are referring to. There is a possibility that over-zealous use of pesticides could have been a cause but that was dismissed. Even if it was the cause, then negligence by an operator of a pesticide spray doesn't necessarily make him a criminal. Some people wanted to blame the owners merely because they are , like every other big business in the world, influential people. I very much doubt that the owners of several hotels and other businesses are directly involved in the day to day running of the businesses and as I said , since the causes of the deaths weren't established, then the suggestion of criminal activity is mere sensationalism.

By "criminals", I refer to:

• Criminal negligence by the chlorpyrifos sprayers, be it Downtown Inn staff or pesticide operators, who should know better than to spray bed linen with deadly poison.
  • Criminal negligence by the Downtown Inn management, for allowing these unnecessary deaths to occur through typical lack of supervision.
  • Criminal negligence by the Downtown Inn owners, who are ultimately responsible for the actions of their staff.
  • Criminal negligence by the investigative authorities, who for reason or reasons unknown dismissed the investigation into these suspicious deaths.
  • Like 1

<p>

"Now its been demolished..." Too bad the criminals responsible for the Downtown Inn deaths weren't buried in the rubble.

Since the cause of death was never established, despite extensive forensic tests in Thailand, USA and Japan I wonder what criminals you are referring to. There is a possibility that over-zealous use of pesticides could have been a cause but that was dismissed. Even if it was the cause, then negligence by an operator of a pesticide spray doesn't necessarily make him a criminal. Some people wanted to blame the owners merely because they are , like every other big business in the world, influential people. I very much doubt that the owners of several hotels and other businesses are directly involved in the day to day running of the businesses and as I said , since the causes of the deaths weren't established, then the suggestion of criminal activity is mere sensationalism.
By "criminals", I refer to:
  • Criminal negligence by the chlorpyrifos sprayers, be it Downtown Inn staff or pesticide operators, who should know better than to spray bed linen with deadly poison.
  • Criminal negligence by the Downtown Inn management, for allowing these unnecessary deaths to occur through typical lack of supervision.
  • Criminal negligence by the Downtown Inn owners, who are ultimately responsible for the actions of their staff.
  • Criminal negligence by the investigative authorities, who for reason or reasons unknown dismissed the investigation into these suspicious deaths.

Since this topic is about finding a hotel near to the Red Lion, then it is too far off topic to be delving into the tragic deaths at the Downtown Inn and since this topic has already raised considerable debate , especially amongst people with only a basic knowledge of the facts, then it is pointless to resurrect it here. Chorpyrifos was never established as the cause of death of any of the guests at Downtown Innn, but if you know better Ithan the experts I'll accept that.

Carry On, i won't need a Book at this rate. The Chlorpyrifos Factor is Fascinating. So D.T.Inn was the only Hotel in Thailand Using it. ?.Yet the Management Structure was Thai Standard Issue. Absentee Style.Yet the Duty Staff were as one finds in any Thai Hotel,pleasant and hardworking. Criminal Negligence is possible charge to most Thai Bosses when mixing with Staff at Grassroots Level .Then we have the Ferang Lefty element Sun Readers here, who find Boss Bashing the real crux of their posts.A good debate for me, i missed all this.thumbsup.gif

Since this topic is about finding a hotel near to the Red Lion, then it is too far off topic to be delving into the tragic deaths at the Downtown Inn and since this topic has already raised considerable debate , especially amongst people with only a basic knowledge of the facts, then it is pointless to resurrect it here. Chorpyrifos was never established as the cause of death of any of the guests at Downtown Innn, but if you know better Ithan the experts I'll accept that.

Chlorpyrifos was never established as the cause of these tragic deaths (and others elsewhere in Thailand), simply because these so-called experts are clueless about the nature of this poison and it's half-life decay in the body (roughly 24 hours in blood). Autopsies looking for Chlorpyrifos in body tissue beyond 48 hrs of death are pointless - unless there are vested interests at play.

Those who ignore past mistakes are bound to repeat them. It will be tragic when this happens again, simply because with some common sense and due diligence this tragedy could be avoided.

Edited by Jose

Chlorpyrifos was never established as the cause of these tragic deaths (and others elsewhere in Thailand), simply because these so-called experts are clueless about the nature of this poison and it's half-life decay in the body (roughly 24 hours in blood). Autopsies looking for Chlorpyrifos in body tissue beyond 48 hrs of death are pointless - unless there are vested interests at play.

Those who ignore past mistakes are bound to repeat them. It will be tragic when this happens again, simply because with some common sense and due diligence this tragedy could be avoided.

The experts are clueless and not as well-informed as you, supposedly. Another possibility is that Chloropyrifos was not detected because it wasn't there. The two elderly people that died were fit and well, laughing and joking 3 or 4 hours before their unfortunate death and the days preceding it. There were no signs of skin irritation, nausea, diarrhea, convulsions or paralysis, and no other outward signs of the cause or their death. If you have any evidence that this chemical could cause such a symptomless , rapid death then you're better informed than the experts. That is my last words on that topic.

Back on topic, try Looking up Tawan Court on Charoenprathet road or Chiang Mai Night bazaar boutique hotel, and Lanna Thai guesthouse both of which are 50 metres down the soi past where DT Inn was, towards anusarn market.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

If I recall, the authorities concluded that the two elderly fatalities were down to "vigorous sex".

If you swallowed the official version of events, good for you, but I'm with Jose. They know what caused the deaths, they even raided the company that did the spraying, but when it came to the public they flat out denied it.

Motive? The inevitable loss of face, but more likely the risk of criminal and civil charges. It's pretty easy to manipulate the situation when you are a person of significant influence in a small pond like Chiang Mai, and I have absolutely no doubt that this is exactly what was done.

Oh, and I stayed there the week before the three girls took ill, so I count myself lucky.

Edited by Chicog

If I recall, the authorities concluded that the two elderly fatalities were down to "vigorous sex".

If you swallowed the official version of events, good for you, but I'm with Jose. They know what caused the deaths, they even raided the company that did the spraying, but when it came to the public they flat out denied it.

Motive? The inevitable loss of face, but more likely the risk of criminal and civil charges. It's pretty easy to manipulate the situation when you are a person of significant influence in a small pond like Chiang Mai, and I have absolutely no doubt that this is exactly what was done.

Oh, and I stayed there the week before the three girls took ill, so I count myself lucky.

No Vigorous Sex. That what saved You !!! .didnt go to Spotlight to watch the Football Either , i suppose.clap2.gif

Raided the company? Don't you mean they went there as part of the investigation, as you would expect? If you want to believe the rumours and conspiracy theorists as well as our local expert that's up to you, but most people believe in facts, and the fact is the cause of death was never conclusively proven despite extensive tests overseas (USA and Japan) and in Thailand. If you have some conclusive evidence you might want to tell us about it, and the respective embassies of UK and New Zealand.

Did you look up the chemical in question? Mexican farmworkers were accidentally sprayed by aircraft crop-sprayers and suffered eye and skin irritation. Did you look up the symptoms of acute exposure? Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, abdominal cramps, loss of bladder control.... none of which applied to the elderly couple. The truth is you have no evidence to back up your claims . You want to believe the conspiracy theorists despite the lack of any conclusive evidence and clearly little knowledge of what really happened. why? because ..... This is Thailand.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe