Bangkok university makes students wear anti-cheating helmet during mid-term exams

webfact

Bangkok university makes students wear anti-cheating helmet during mid-term exams
By Coconuts Bangkok

1185355_713599938665725_560462889_n.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In an effort to curb rampant cheating Bangkok's Kasetsart university has created an anti-deceit paper helmet for students to wear during their midterm exams.

The device, which resembles horse blinders made out of computer paper, was unofficially unveiled on an alumni Facebook page.

Shortly after being uploaded the photo was quickly taken down, but not before a loyal Coconuts reader Thanut Udomhirun captured a screenshot of the helmets in action.

Coconuts is still searching for more information on the helmet. It's not clear how many classes use the device [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/15/bangkok-university-makes-students-wear-anti-cheating-helmet-during-mid-term-exams

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-08-15

• Like 2

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How stupid can you get.

Space the bleeding desks out, <deleted>

I'm not going to disagree on the absurdity of these things, but take a look at the typically overcrowded classroom in the picture and tell me how they're going to make more space between desks. Did you notice that the desks going along the wall are actually touching the wall?

I think it's the overcrowding that makes cheating easy for Thai students (and classes inefficient).

Besides, is this fair? The student's parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents....and so on got through their schooling by cheating unchallenged, so why should the rules change now?

• Like 2

How stupid can you get.

Space the bleeding desks out, <deleted>

I'm not going to disagree on the absurdity of these things, but take a look at the typically overcrowded classroom in the picture and tell me how they're going to make more space between desks. Did you notice that the desks going along the wall are actually touching the wall?

I think it's the overcrowding that makes cheating easy for Thai students (and classes inefficient).

Besides, is this fair? The student's parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents....and so on got through their schooling by cheating unchallenged, so why should the rules change now?

Easy -take the exam in a larger room, or assembly hall, or concert room or, ???

they assume that 100% will cheat ???

The Bu####it is for the photo's videos, newspapers to try to put out that they are doing something about whats a normal thing-as you say

The cover up of this cover up is more amusing to me than the anticheating cover up.

At least the university found a way to stop people looking at their neighbours paper.

My solution number the desk

print randomly ordered papers.

record which desk marked which paper and then process normally.

Good to see them trying to do something about cheating though. That is something the University should be commended for. The cover up..well this is Thailand.

The picture in the OP seems to be only a visualization of how the majority of Thai people goes through life, especially regarding the competence of their government.

Yeah, but as one can see in the picture now they are using hightech devices to do so... next step could be chastity belts connected to "line" to prevent teenage pregnancy via remote control.

• Like 1

Why bother taking the exams when everyone will pass anyway? If they want to stop cheating they only have to space the desks out and make the adjudicator walk around the classroom all the time with his eyes and ears open smile.png

Because exam adjudicators just sit on the their chairs in front of the room and check their facebook/instagram during the 2-3 hours exams.. at least it was like that on most exams at Assumption University.

Besides that I saw cheating in most exams.

• Like 1

Whoever came up with this idea is probably patting themselves on the back but they are fools if they think copying is the only way students cheat. Copying is just the most obvious way.

If they are caught cheating then what happens? Nothing. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Why bother taking the exams when everyone will pass anyway? If they want to stop cheating they only have to space the desks out and make the adjudicator walk around the classroom all the time with his eyes and ears open smile.png

Because exam adjudicators just sit on the their chairs in front of the room and check their facebook/instagram during the 2-3 hours exams.. at least it was like that on most exams at Assumption University.

Besides that I saw cheating in most exams.

Is that why the girl in red with a skirt that is considerably shorter than the the others is sitting right up front?