Bangkok university makes students wear anti-cheating helmet during mid-term exams

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How stupid can you get.

Space the bleeding desks out, <deleted>

And take away their cell/smart phones. And check their hands, arms and pockets for notes. Do all of that and they might not cheat. However, they might loose a lot of "face".

Kkkkk to do all that for an exam ...better to auto fail them all :-)

I love it. It is actually a great idea (if you have something against teamwork in the form of looking at someone else's paper). When I was at the University we had two mottos: 1. When in doubt, look about. 2. Rather than repeat, cheat. For Calculus and Physics I used to write on the back of my calculator in pencil and would hold it at a certain angle to be able to see it. The pencil could easily be wiped off with the swipe of my hand. We were all Navy ROTC students. It really tickles me to think back on those times and realize that many of my friends are high ranking military officers now and one even works at the White House.

Edited by AdamRich

How stupid can you get.

Space the bleeding desks out, <deleted>

And take away their cell/smart phones. And check their hands, arms and pockets for notes. Do all of that and they might not cheat. However, they might loose a lot of "face".

Kkkkk to do all that for an exam ...better to auto fail them all :-)

And miss the chance to see if there actually are any students who study?? I know it sounds iffy, but there might be at least one student who is there to get an education.

Edited by Traveling Sailor
  • Like 1

I think we're making progress here -- Thais admitting that Thais can be cheats! Usually it would only be farangs that do something as dasdardly as cheating.

i think this is a pretty stupid rmark, especially since, as i recall, you like to refer to yourself as an educator.

I love it.  It is actually a great idea (if you have something against teamwork in the form of looking at someone else's paper).  When I was at the University we had two mottos:  1. When in doubt, look about.  2. Rather than repeat, cheat.  For Calculus and Physics I used to write on the back of my calculator in pencil and would hold it at a certain angle to be able to see it.  The pencil could easily be wiped off with the swipe of my hand.  We were all Navy ROTC students.  It really tickles me to think back on those times and realize that many of my friends are high ranking military officers now and one even works at the White House.

Explains so much about the American military officer elite and why there are grandiose cluster f*cks so often.

Just kidding. Everyone has taken advantage and used memory tricks from time to time :)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

My solution number the desk

print randomly ordered papers.

record which desk marked which paper and then process normally.

Industrious university instructors write two tests, and give alternative tests to every other student. It's easier to see if students are looking backwards/forwards rather than from side to side. Problem solved. But, I think some would rather sit up all night stapling together "blinders" rather than writing a second test. Makes you "think too mutt!"

I love it. It is actually a great idea (if you have something against teamwork in the form of looking at someone else's paper). When I was at the University we had two mottos: 1. When in doubt, look about. 2. Rather than repeat, cheat. For Calculus and Physics I used to write on the back of my calculator in pencil and would hold it at a certain angle to be able to see it. The pencil could easily be wiped off with the swipe of my hand. We were all Navy ROTC students. It really tickles me to think back on those times and realize that many of my friends are high ranking military officers now and one even works at the White House.

Explains so much about the American military officer elite and why there are grandiose cluster f*cks so often.

Just kidding. Everyone has taken advantage and used memory tricks from time to time smile.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Says a lot for their Honor Code does't it.