Anger over DSI chief's 'inappropriate' reference to Yingluck

webfact

Why would the Democrat spokewoman posted a " doctored " photo...

I suspect Malika thought she was just having a bit of fun, an ex journalist with the tongue of a street vendor, I think she thought, like most Thais, calling some raed, rhino, in Thai is not that serious, only meaning a flirt, and in the context of tiger, lion and bull on the photo.

In my view Tarit has seriously overreacted, wasting public money on a nonsense issue.

However if Yingluck intends to stay in politics she needs to develop a thicker skin, like a rhino in fact!

I agree it's not a serious issue and also that Tarit overreacted.Nobody should be pursued not least because in a free society mocking politicians isn't a crime.However where I differ slightly from you is to dispute whether this was simply just a bit of fun.It seems to me that there was also an element of malice and above all a total lack of class.Having said that it isn't really a big deal and too many words have already been spent on this silly season story.

Call the spokesman low class, and they'd probably sue you too.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petty and with all the problems they have this is the best the DSI can investigate which clearly shows the moronic state of justice in Thailand.

reenforced by the moronic DSI saying Yingluck is the head of state

Many a slip..........................

People in important law enforcement positions need to be very careful to be accurate when giving press briefings.

Edited by Baerboxer

DSI or Gestapo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately, if some politicians are unable to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and instead behave as petulant bullies, then the grownups must step in and deal with the bullies.

The grown-ups being?

DSI or Gestapo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately, if some politicians are unable to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and instead behave as petulant bullies, then the grownups must step in and deal with the bullies.

For once -possibly the first time - I agree with you 100%.

People who intimidate the leader of the Opposition when he travels to address rallies, people who threaten Constitution Court judges, people who threaten to take "the next step" if an organization doesn't give in to their demands need reining in.

I await 'the grown ups' stepping in to 'deal with the bullies'.

Anti-government activists yesterday called on Yingluck to punish Tarit for falsely identifying her as the head of the country, which was deemed in contempt of the monarchy.

Tarit said there was no need to hold a press conference to clarify his identification of Yingluck, as listeners would know that he meant nothing offensive.

After a storm on the social network, Mr. Tharit clarified himself, saying that his reference to Ms. Yingluck was ′theoretically correct′ as the Prime Minister is also the head of the executive power.

He further defended himself by insisting that the allegation that the DSI is disrespectful to the monarchy is nonsensical, because the DSI has been cracking down on those who insult the Royal Family.

Rubbish it is not theoretically correct. Go to any of the commonwealth countries and request who is the head of state. For all of them there is only one and that is the English Queen and where her representative is defined in the world's best democracy it is not the elected parties who hold executive power as the Shinawatra mafia dynasty and their cronies have moved before this incident, but the Attorney General. Simply put the world's best democracy's do not trust the executive power holders to not have someone vetoing them. The Shinawatra mafia and their cronies slip ups are but an insight of what their future populist police state is going to look like.

Attorney general? nah...Governor General

No it is not. In Australia the head of state is the Australian Queen and her representative is the Governer General. The Queen of England is not the Queen of Australia though Queen Elizabeth 2 is.

Edited by harrry

I thought in a democracy the people are the most .... oops whistling.gif

If you oppose the majority, you are against democracy and must be punished. smile.png

but the current government don't have the majority of the people voting for them...........................................

If you support the minority, it implies that you oppose the majority and democracy. whistling.gif

I thought in a democracy the people are the most .... oops Posted Image

If you oppose the majority, you are against democracy and must be punished. Posted Image

but the current government don't have the majority of the people voting for them...........................................

If you support the minority, it implies that you oppose the majority and democracy. Posted Image

Define Democracy

Elections, or governing after the elections?

Parliamentary democracy starts after the elections. Commenting negatively on this government's style of democracy can make someone more, rather than less, democratic.