Phuket motorcycle safety warning

Phronesis

They have finished resurfacing the road from the North end of Layan beach that runs up over the mountain, past Trisara Resort and Bananna Beach, then down into the South end of Nai thon beach. For those of you who do not know this road it is one of the most scenic and twisty bits of road in Phuket and usually not much traffic.

The job they have done on laying the bitumen and marking the new lines is first rate. I cannot fault it. And yesterday, with such stunning weather, I cracked open the throttle on my motard to have a bit of fun. Anyway, my excitement about this new strip of bitumen soon turned to rage. I came round a bind bend to find a large heap of dried concrete right in the line for the corner.

F**cking cement truck drivers. It is not enough that they tear through peak hour traffic at break neck speeds and routinely killing others on the roads. The b*stards are also too lazy, or too stupid, to ensure their load doesn't spill out onto the roadway.

For those of you who know the roads of Phuket well, you will already have seen the concrete spills that have made the road up out of Kamala heading over the mountain to Kalim (even more) trecherous for motorbikes.

The spills on the Trisara road are similiar to those on the road from Kamala to Kalim. And so, all of that great work completed by the road crew, just a few days ago, has already been destroyed by one worthless Somchai and his cement truck.

If you are navigating this road and tempted to crack open the throttle...heads up...Somchai has laid a death trap for you...

Edited by Phronesis

I thought there were race tracks for that "crack open the throttle" kind of driving.wink.png

Yes there are. Here in Phuket they are more commonly referred to as Thep Krassatri Road and the Bypass. We also have a hill climb circuit at Patong. Us locals refer to that as Mount Mayhem.