Our experience proves violence is not answer, Thai govt tells Egypt

webfact

There are a few people who could learn from what has happened in Egypt. Thaksin, Yingluck, Tarit, Surapong and a few on Thaivisa too.

1. This is what could have happened in 2010 if the likes of Samak or Suchinda was in power.

2. Don't make your protest by squatting in the middle of a city & disrupting residents, traffic & businesses.

3. Do be prepared to negotiate without having to check your mobile phone.

4. Keep it peaceful - don't use armed militias.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences," the statement said.

Is there a word for hypocrisy in Thai????

Yeah, there are a couple I know of but maybe more. The easy one is song na and the other is na wai lhang lhog.

From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences," the statement said.

Taksin, himself has advised the government to issue this statement.

From his own experience, the use of violence does not solve any problems!!!!!!!!

Well, not his main problem anyway ... so far, and it sure wouldn't be for lack of trying rolleyes.gif

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

Looking at all this Yellow Shirt farangs postings, it just doesn't make sense because if the Yellow Shirt aka Abhisit would be back in power w/o of course winning an election, all you are are still a bunch of farangs that Thailand doesn't give a damn about. Hopefully in your own country one day the army starts shooting its own citizens. Live must be really bad of always whining about the Yingluck government. Under Abhisit did anything improves for you in Thailand or with the help of Suthep?

If you don't like the government in Thailand why don't put up your bag and just go home to your country with a high unemployment rate because it doesn't matter who is in power in Thailand the people's will always get ripped off.

It's not really about the government in Thailand but more about Thailand.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong Tovichakchaikul said in the statement that the Thai government is deeply concerned by the heavy handed crackdown on the supporters of former President Mohammed Morsi. He called for an end to violence from all sides and a peace dialogue so that Egypt can move toward democratic transition.

Thus the expert has spoken this character is related to the sponsor of The Red Shirts so we can but suppose the puppet master told him the money he (the puppet master) had invested in that particular venture in his hostile take over attempt of Thailand has yet to provide its full dividend rather than the current slow rate of return.

Note of course there is vocabulary used that of course the government spokesman nor his puppet master actually comprehend the meaning of the same situation applies to all the members of the puppet company known as the P.T.P.

Let's start with ''Peace, democracy, two totally unknown words to this government and its puppet master peace dialogue, now there is an interesting mouthful that the P.T.P. have yet to come to understand

. "Coups only lead to dictatorship," Ms. Jittra was quoted as saying.

She also said the anti-government protesters in Thailand who had been calling for ′Egypt Model′ should learn the lesson from what happened in post-coup Egypt.

Ms Jittra seems to have her hand on things indeed coups only lead to dictatorship as is currently being seen.

However regarding the second section in the quote box I am presuming that the oblique or possibly they could be ambiguous reference to The Egypt Model relate to past incidents and also the consequences those current activities and actions on all sides may ultimately have some bearing on possible future incidents and subsequently the ultimate fate or destiny (call it what you may) of this current government and far more importantly Thailand and its peoples for many a year to come too.

Indeed a wonderful outpouring of rhetoric from those in government who claim to be experts, Well experts always know very little about a great deal, thus can we or do we really attach any value on the advice offered /

Ms. Jittra? Perhaps a clearer view of matters however is she actually in control or is she able to actually achieve a radical change in the Thai social structure, noble words. However I fear that like Joan of Arc Ms. Jittra will be a sacrifice in the future as has been the case with the rank and file of the Red Shirt movement and many a reformist irrespective of their political hue over the years in Thailand. ,Here only the chameleons can survive.

Edited by siampolee

Looking at all this Yellow Shirt farangs postings, it just doesn't make sense because if the Yellow Shirt aka Abhisit would be back in power w/o of course winning an election, all you are are still a bunch of farangs that Thailand doesn't give a dam_n about. Hopefully in your own country one day the army starts shooting its own citizens. Live must be really bad of always whining about the Yingluck government. Under Abhisit did anything improves for you in Thailand or with the help of Suthep?

If you don't like the government in Thailand why don't put up your bag and just go home to your country with a high unemployment rate because it doesn't matter who is in power in Thailand the people's will always get ripped off.

"Quite right, Reg. What did Abhisit ever do for us?"

• Like 1

From his own experience, the use of violence does not solve any problems!!!!!!!!

Well, not his main problem anyway ... so far, and it sure wouldn't be for lack of trying rolleyes.gif

I should have added, but "We also know that sometimes, needs, must"

---

Taksin was the Chinese King in Tak. Thaksin is a different one. A good moderator concerning

Peace and so on.

****Thai language removed***** Kansesraeng - not that you hear it much.

Edited by metisdead
This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.
  • Like 1

Yeah, there are a couple I know of but maybe more. The easy one is song na and the other is na wai lhang lhog.

Thanks.

Hypocrasia is Latin.

The must succinct language in the world

"Our Experience Proves Violence Is Not Answer, Thai Govt Tells Egypt"

sounds good, so we'll be seeing the national conscription abolished soon followed shortly there after by the dissolution of the armed forces. wonderful. lead the way.smile.pngwai2.gif

What they neglected to say was

"From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences," the statement said. But it will give you the power to enforce your will on the majority

I notice the poster sumfool does not propose to disarm the military part of the current Government. A true dictatorship.

I think he's right. Even he and his gang went so far as to burn down buildings and city halls across the country, they still couldn't oust Abhisit. Violence is not the answer, but the dictatorship by majority is.

I think he's right. Even he and his gang went so far as to burn down buildings and city halls across the country, they still couldn't oust Abhisit. Violence is not the answer, but the dictatorship by majority minority is.

Particularly when they maintain there own private army to enforce their will on the honest citizens in the country. Not really an army just a bunch of uninformed goons who work for pay.

Looking at all this Yellow Shirt farangs postings, it just doesn't make sense because if the Yellow Shirt aka Abhisit would be back in power w/o of course winning an election, all you are are still a bunch of farangs that Thailand doesn't give a dam_n about. Hopefully in your own country one day the army starts shooting its own citizens. Live must be really bad of always whining about the Yingluck government. Under Abhisit did anything improves for you in Thailand or with the help of Suthep?

Perhaps you might want to consider moving your pulpit to another forum. One where there are no farongs who can not vote or own property discuss their thoughts on the Government knowing full well that they can not really do any thing about it.

Did you ever consider that in your country (Thailand) it was the citizens who started the shooting. Are you trying to say that if you had been in the army there you would have just stood there and let them fire away.

"From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences,"

What is wrong with that statement?

Seems totally true to me... Why are you all so excited about it?

The violence during the military crackdown ordered by the Abhisit administration that resulted in 90 deaths in Bangkok did not solve any difference... It's obvious. A fact. A bad experience...

The Thai experience is that the use of violence in Bangkok did not solve any difference, what's wrong in saying that it will not solve any difference in Egypt either?

Edited by gerry1011

The violence during the military crackdown ordered by the Abhisit administration that resulted in 90 deaths in Bangkok did not solve any difference... It's obvious. A fact. A bad experience...

The Thai experience is that the use of violence in Bangkok did not solve any difference, what's wrong in saying that it will not solve any difference in Egypt either?

People have been shooting and killing each other here for 80 years in the name of democracy.

They just don't get it

But then they shoot each other over chicken sauce...

Edited by Thai at Heart

"Our Experience Proves Violence Is Not Answer, Thai Govt Tells Egypt"

sounds good, so we'll be seeing the national conscription abolished soon followed shortly there after by the dissolution of the armed forces. wonderful. lead the way.smile.pngwai2.gif

What they neglected to say was

"From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences," the statement said. But it will give you the power to enforce your will on the majority

I notice the poster sumfool does not propose to disarm the military part of the current Government. A true dictatorship.

sometimes i think i should stop handing out free advice, because if they suddenly took all my advice i suddenly wouldnt be able to afford to live here. (yes i've pulled my comment)passifier.gif

Edited by sumfool

Thanks.

Hypocrasia is Latin.

The must succinct language in the world

Most.

Pedantic.

Dict.

Overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

And Latin is not the most succinct language in the world, but it is the foundation

Another one who believes the twisted red version of history.

But yes, the minister is right.

The red shirt violent attempt to overthrow the Government of the day solved nothing and only served to get people killed and injured, buildings destroyed and created an animosity and distrust that persists to this day and no doubt will persist until the reds and their leaders come to the realization and admit that they were wrong.

Unfortunately I cant see that happening in this generation and probably never.

Good.

You agree with the minister's statement that "From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences,".

That is what he stated and nothing more.

This statement does not refer to any "twisted red version"... It's just a fact.

It's you guys who come up again with all your old boring rant because you have nothing else to do or to think about.

If you just stick to what the minister said, there is nothing to argue about.

Except if you miss the violence and its associated (90)deaths, of course... which, again, did not solve anything here.

Sent from my iPhone...

"From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences," the statement said.

Then he turned aside and chuckled to his aides, adding in a hushed voice; "Actually, violence can be very useful. Without the Red Shirt violence funded by Thaksin, I wouldn't have this job." har har, chortle, har. "Pass me some of that ear medicine, will ya."

• Like 2

Except if you miss the violence and its associated (90)deaths, of course... which, again, did not solve anything here.

90 people purportedly died during those sad 2 months of Red occupation of downtown Bkk. Even Red Shirt apologists don't purport that all died via efforts of officials to maintain security. ....or are Red Shirt boosters still trying to convince us that all died from authorities' bullets?

And your 2nd point is just as off-base: In reality, the violence DID accomplish something. It enabled the Reds to garner sympathy, and enabled the Shinawatres to regain political control of Thailand.

• Like 2

Another one who believes the twisted red version of history.

But yes, the minister is right.

The red shirt violent attempt to overthrow the Government of the day solved nothing and only served to get people killed and injured, buildings destroyed and created an animosity and distrust that persists to this day and no doubt will persist until the reds and their leaders come to the realization and admit that they were wrong.

Unfortunately I cant see that happening in this generation and probably never.

Good.

You agree with the minister's statement that "From our own experience, the use of violence does not solve any differences,".

That is what he stated and nothing more.

This statement does not refer to any "twisted red version"... It's just a fact.

It's you guys who come up again with all your old boring rant because you have nothing else to do or to think about.

If you just stick to what the minister said, there is nothing to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone...

People are criticising this minister because of his hypocrisy in making statements such as this. His party's red stormtroopers instituted the violence in 2010 and rely on it now to silence their opponents.

I respect your opinion. Others prefer to criticize the fact that the army shot unarmed people.

Whatever, this is not the point.

It does not change anything to the statement.

If Abhisit, who is responsible for the violent crackdown and 90 deaths in the eyes of many people, had made the same statement, I could only agree with him too.

Violence does not resolve differences. There was a violent crackdown and death. The losers of that time are the winners of today. Abhisit and his followers are still blocking any attempt to reconcile and move forward, ... 90 deaths but still nothing resolved.

Even if Suthep himself had made the statement, normal people would not jump on what he said to bring back old stories. Violence does not solve differences.

The fact is that on this forum many people seem to, at least turn a blind eye on, sometimes support, or even kind of "enjoy" violence, as long as it is directed at the camp they apparently hate so much... Strange people...

Sent from my iPhone...

The situation in Egypt is complex. Before feeling too sorry for them one should keep in mind that the MB is a group that eventually plans to dismantle democracy in the future and establish a Caliphate.This is the best summary I have found so far:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/15/morsi-detained-bloodbath-in-egypt-whatever-happened-to-arab-spring/?intcmp=HPBuckethttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/15/morsi-detained-bloodbath-in-egypt-whatever-happened-to-arab-spring/?intcmp=HPBucket

The situation in Egypt is complex. Before feeling too sorry for them one should keep in mind that the MB is a group that eventually plans to dismantle democracy in the future and establish a Caliphate.This is the best summary I have found so far:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/15/morsi-detained-bloodbath-in-egypt-whatever-happened-to-arab-spring/?intcmp=HPBuckethttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/15/morsi-detained-bloodbath-in-egypt-whatever-happened-to-arab-spring/?intcmp=HPBucket

While I agree that the mb is an anti democratic force with links to terrorist groups in the middle east, I'm not sure I would trust anything fox presents as fact.