Bangkok: Murdered pregnant woman found bound in duct-tape and stuffed in suitcase

webfact

What's this thing about Buddhists not supposed to kill any living creatures? The Five Precepts of Bhuddism actually are: no killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct and intoxication....Have the Thais been reading different scriptures?

Religion has no bearing. The Ten Commandments taught both to Christians and Jewish people prohibit pretty much the same things (except intoxication...which is fine)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this thing about Buddhists not supposed to kill any living creatures? The Five Precepts of Bhuddism actually are: no killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct and intoxication....Have the Thais been reading different scriptures?

Rest in peace, poor souls

Who says she was killed by either a Buddhist or a Thai? How about a farang not wanting to be a father?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you familiar with the Ten Commandments ? They are frequently ignored by those professing to be Christians.

Good to see that the case has been solved by the usual suspects - and that the usual suspects are presumed guilty.

OK.... point taken, but honestly, what's the chances..? Either way, its still pretty much a nasty business...sad.png

Horrific. My partner is in her trimester, and currently in Thailand.

The headline sent goose bumps all over me, even though my partner just got off the phone with me and is in Mukdahan.

Hope they catch the whodunnit and fast.

Your "partner"? You romantic, you.

• Like 1

Notable by thier absence on this tragic post are all the enlightened ones who normally jump to the defensive by stating that such crimes exhist in all other country's. Very true, but not with the repitious monotony of Thailand.

There is truly a barbaric and violent culture which resides just below the surface and is so easily provoked.

• Like 1

RIP the poor Lass. Makes me think as i have been passing an old suitcase very similar to that for weeks as i ride my bike every morning. So much garbage strewn around the countryside that one tends to not take too much notice of it after a while.

They are modern-day Buddhists. After they violate the 5 Precepts (sometimes all five in one day), the next day they go to the temple.

I thought they were supposed to do those 5 things as thats all I see every day of the week, you can add selfish and stupid into it too.

She must have been quite small to fit in a suitcase. Sad none the less. Life in Thailand is so cheap. I have noticed Thais don't even seem bothered by death. Just another day in the park.

As they say. Don't worry, be happy.

Up to you.

They are modern-day Buddhists. After they violate the 5 Precepts (sometimes all five in one day), the next day they go to the temple.

Cant beat those spangly shiny temples of money eh! ooops sorry of Buddhism I meant, silly me got it wrong again.

It's really saddening to hear this, I honestly can't believe how someone could do this to another person.

Believe me they can do MUCH worse, try searching for the beheading (Mexican drugs gangs) by chainsaw video, thatll cheer you up no end.

Notable by thier absence on this tragic post are all the enlightened ones who normally jump to the defensive by stating that such crimes exhist in all other country's. Very true, but not with the repitious monotony of Thailand.

There is truly a barbaric and violent culture which resides just below the surface and is so easily provoked.

Yes, very good observation. Why we keep our heads down and keep smiling. Sleeping dogs and smiling Thais are best left

to do what they do. Without interference from farangness.

I've been reading so many of these stories and still I can't figure out how and why people being taught Buddhist principles all their life still are able to commit such grizzly acts. Even more worrying is that probably most of them spent some time of their life at least as a novice in one of the temples.

I find it rather disturbing or sick or whatever you want to call it, that some people here seem to find it necessary to publish such kind of video.

Thoughts like, lack of dignity or totally respectless towards the victim and her family do cross my mind.

I find it rather disturbing or sick or whatever you want to call it, that some people here seem to find it necessary to publish such kind of video.

Thoughts like, lack of dignity or totally respectless towards the victim and her family do cross my mind.

It shows how desensitised to the mess that this country has become that a video even exists

What makes you think this was done by a Buddhist? The murderer could be from any religion. One that doesn't practice their religion.

Why bash Thailand ? In europe since the euro crisis , how many family's got murdered ? Since 2008 there is an enormous increace of Father's killing there whole family's .

Its very sad these story's . and luckily most of us just can't get used to them as if it was normal .

I hope that she and her unborn child go to a better place , something we all hope for when our time is there .

Ur right that it happens more in Thailand then most other country's , but for me it's the country i chosed to live in . I try to adapt here as much as possible and stay out of trouble . And really barbaric is the past century , done by christians , check history.

Shocking- right near me.

I was intrigued by mention of a now deleted video and googled. I wouldn't recommend unless you have a strong constitution.

Why on earth it is still common practice to have such graphic scenes made publicly available is beyond me.....

I've been reading so many of these stories and still I can't figure out how and why people being taught Buddhist principles all their life still are able to commit such grizzly acts. Even more worrying is that probably most of them spent some time of their life at least as a novice in one of the temples.

Ever consider that the population is obsessed with appearances and perceptions, hence the defamation obsession, mirrors on every desk, and face saving compulsions? Buddhism looks good and demands nothing.

BTW , lot of respect for the rescue people , they salvaged the corpse . Not a very nice job to do , as the smell will stay in ur mind for a long time .

The smell of a decomposing human is something that our instict does not really want to smell.

Shocking- right near me.

I was intrigued by mention of a now deleted video and googled. I wouldn't recommend unless you have a strong constitution.

Why on earth it is still common practice to have such graphic scenes made publicly available is beyond me.....

What do you mean? The television pixelates when a person is smoking, holding a gun, or saying a bad word.

• Like 2

Why bash Thailand ? In europe since the euro crisis , how many family's got murdered ? Since 2008 there is an enormous increace of Father's killing there whole family's .

Its very sad these story's . and luckily most of us just can't get used to them as if it was normal .

I hope that she and her unborn child go to a better place , something we all hope for when our time is there .

Uh, this is the prom baby, no dance tomorrow.

Do you have information that the killer was a Buddhist? If not, what is your point?