Robbed while unconcious

akspace

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the same trick in reverse. Call her in the morning and tell her you were going to come to Thailand right away but overnight someone broke into your house, shot your dog, rendered you unconscious, stole all your dosh and cards,nicked your Merc' keys (but amazingly not your phone) and drove off after hanging the cat. Ask her if she could nip over to your place to check out your health and if it's possible to bring a few grand with her to help you out.

• Like 1

It's common for guys overseas to hear made up stories from their Thai girlfriends. Did she ask for you to send money to her?

As expected, that didn't take long to come up. Sensitivity lessons anyone?

There is an element of truth in that Tywais writes.

I trust my Thai gf ... I also believe in facts.

So the old adage applies ... trust ... but verify ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I have some questions for the OP:

Has he confirmed that his girlfriend was in hospital and if so, for what reason?

Was there any CCT cameras at the scene of the alleged accident? Has anyone checked?

Were there any witnesses and did anyone manage to film the incident on a mobile phone video? Usually in these cases there are morons who enjoy to film these sick scenes and even publish the videos online sometimes.

I am not making any assumptions at all, but the problem is that motorbike accidents and robbery are a couple of the most popular reasons used by these women as a bluff to obtain money out of sympathy. So is the OP really convinced that this story is true? As he knows this woman better than we do, or should do, anyway.

• Like 1

Without commenting on the particular story at hand, the big problem comes when your Thai wife or girlfriend gives you some seemingly preposterous story as the reason she needs money and you ask for (demand?) all sorts of police reports, hospital bills and other invoices, phone records, etc., and the story turns out to be true. The Thai girl will then realize you don't trust her and from that point all sorts of things can start to unravel.

Edited by JLCrab

Mmm okay the OP is an advanced member so has obviously read quite a bit of TV so he should have come across at least a few threads where tales of woe re sick buffalo's, sick grannies and other assorted scams have been mentioned by the poor SOB that was the mark, so I'm guessing troll post...

Mmm okay the OP is an advanced member so has obviously read quite a bit of TV so he should have come across at least a few threads where tales of woe re sick buffalo's, sick grannies and other assorted scams have been mentioned by the poor SOB that was the mark, so I'm guessing troll post...

No, he thought his gf was different.

I meet guys that believe the stories every day.

It's common for guys overseas to hear made up stories from their Thai girlfriends. Did she ask for you to send money to her?

Some people just have bad luck!

First mum is sick and need a lot money for the surgery.

than the buffalo got sick

than someone put some drugs in the coffee and forced us to take all the money from the ATM and give for him (Thai Visa Story)

and now that.....But at least the buffalo is feeling well again. But where get all the money for a new motorbike.

That damned buffalo shopuld be rolling in it by now.....................

I wonder about the type of woman you all hang around with where stories / scams like these are a common occurrence. Think it's time to stop hanging around with lowlifes and hookers.

You are way ahead of yourself.

We don`t yet know this is a scam until we hear back from the OP and he elaborates on what he has already told us.

Check her Facebook feed, that will tell you all you need to know. If this happened she will have told the world already, and she'll have 150 Likes from people and 10,000 comments. If it's not there well.......... coffee1.gif

All from relatives asking when she'll be sending the money up for their new Fortuna? w00t.gif

• Like 2

Check her Facebook feed, that will tell you all you need to know. If this happened she will have told the world already, and she'll have 150 Likes from people and 10,000 comments. If it's not there well.......... coffee1.gif

All from relatives asking when she'll be sending the money up for their new Fortuna? w00t.gif

Could be, could be......

I can't imagine a Thai lady not telling the World about this, it's what they live for. Bathroom mirror photo number 3000, pad Thai photo number 10,000, stupid effin cat doing a reverse trapeze while playing the banjo, and bingo........knocked unconscious, robbed of everything including rings off her finger.....it will be there. smile.png

If it's not, the OP can go on to the language forum here and ask them to translate the following post........

" Sorry you were knocked out on Friday, had your rings stolen, all your money, your ID card and your motorbike, I hope the police find who did this to you quick, every friend can show how much they love you by clicking like and sending you a message here ".

For added dramatic effect he should photo shop a picture and put that stupid crying rabbit from LINE on it and a couple of other things like that.

Then he can post it on her Facebook feed for her.

This news has to be shared coffee1.gif

• Like 2

That's funny.......and insightful !!! Yes if a plate of pad thai , or a selfie, warrants some Facebook coverage, being

knocked out and robbed should generate a massive Facebook story on her Timeline.. We look forward to hearing

about the story.

• Like 1

I remember having one of these stories laid on me. My Thai gf at the time said her bum was real sore from a motorcycle accident. She said it was black and blue and swollen and she had to lay in the steam house for a few days and that's why she couldn't answer the phone. I went to see her after a few days and I asked to see her sore bum. She refused to show me. I remember that instant....... where it all started to add up. Like her learning new Australian and british terms...yeah.. I remember it well now. Welcome to the club. The solution is: move on.

Now there is a smart comment ... thumbsup.gif ... a little 'outside of the box thinking.

Good point the moment my gf had an accident there were 2 reasons why i knew it was true.. first it was on facebook, plus i was in the car next to her when she hit the concrete pillar. But sure enough it was on facebook quite fast with pictures of her in the hospital-bed.

• Like 2

Now there is a smart comment ... thumbsup.gif ... a little 'outside of the box thinking.

Good point the moment my gf had an accident there were 2 reasons why i knew it was true.. first it was on facebook, plus i was in the car next to her when she hit the concrete pillar. But sure enough it was on facebook quite fast with pictures of her in the hospital-bed.

So you were in the car next to her when she hit the concrete pole ?

I don't know why Joe Cocker at once springs to mind biggrin.png

I knew this would happen, don't know why I posted here but I'll play along with the various trolls. I talk with her on Skype last night, she has obviously been in an accident, it's hard to fake things like a cast on the arm and road rash that bad.

As for the missing bike and other personal effects, I can't prove it. But then again she isn't answering her phone when her mother calls or when I call, so it's likely that is really missing. She wasn't wearing the ring her grandmother gave her, in two years I've never seen her take it off. She also wasn't wearing her Buddha pendant, again I've never seen her without it.

Oh yeah, I called her parents after she had been missing for 48 hours to verify she decided she wasn't finished with me, she hadn't called them. She didn't go to work on Friday or Saturday either (called them as well).

But obviously this is an attempt to get money out of me. As for the comments about other countries, I've been knocked out twice in the last five years, both times I woke up with all my valuables still intact. Once the person who found me even came into the hospital with me to make sure I was going to make it. But I guess it's a different culture, most people I know stop and help someone when they find them bleeding on the side of the road. They don't stop to rob them.

Just a thought - has anyone heard from the OP since 13.00 today ?

No, I thought not. He must have got on a plane - or he's a troll !

He is online now.

I found this other post of his:

"I don't help at all, but my girlfriend sends every extra baht she has home. Normally I don't mind, but sometimes she doesn't budget enough money for herself and comes asking me for money. Normally this happens if something goes wrong, broken motorbike, lost cellphone, etc... It only happens once or twice a year, but I still wish she would budget better. "

Sounds like she has some bad luck.. I hope she has a nice brother to take care of her while she's alone in Bangkok.

• Like 1