Robbed while unconcious

akspace

Just got off the phone with my girlfriend, she was in a motorbike accident on Friday, while she was unconscious on the side of the road someone stole everything she had. They literally took the rings off her fingers! The motorbike disappeared too.

At this point I'm just happy to hear from her, last time we talked was on Thursday morning and I was beginning to worry. She has been in the hospital since Friday and was just released today. I'm ecstatic she is well, I was considering an emergency flight back to Thailand tomorrow. The robbery just makes me sick everything went missing and the police claim she was found on the side of the road with nothing.

Sorry for the very scatterbrained thoughts, I've been at wits end for the last 24 hours, imagining the worse. Only to find out this happened. Now I can't put together a coherent thought.

Anyway is this sort of thing common in Thailand? I've read many stories talking about dealing with traffic accidents, but I assumed many of them where overblown second or third hand accounts.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your girlfriend was quite lucky. I know of several stories where motorcyclists have been involved in an accidents and the offender has 'finished off the job' to avoid the risk of having to pay compensation.

Not sure if Stories is the correct description, I think hoax would be better fiiting.

sounds like a scam.

let me guess.

you are over 40 years old and you met her in pattaya or phuket on a 2 week holiday.

how convenient of the bike and rings to just "go missing" lol

surely there is a police report and photos of her in hospital all beat up from the crash? otherwise, go fish.

It's common for guys overseas to hear made up stories from their Thai girlfriends. Did she ask for you to send money to her?

Some people just have bad luck!

First mum is sick and need a lot money for the surgery.

than the buffalo got sick

than someone put some drugs in the coffee and forced us to take all the money from the ATM and give for him (Thai Visa Story)

and now that.....But at least the buffalo is feeling well again. But where get all the money for a new motorbike.

When you travel over ask her "brother" for information, as I'm sure he'll be well up to date. Without sounding cynical, I think you need to check the Kwaishit metre, as it sounds like an old scam.

Your girlfriend was quite lucky. I know of several stories where motorcyclists have been involved in an accidents and the offender has 'finished off the job' to avoid the risk of having to pay compensation.

Not sure if Stories is the correct description, I think hoax would be better fiiting.

No. They may not happen in Pattaya but there have been several incidents in the boonies.

No. They may not happen in Pattaya but there have been several incidents in the boonies.

So if it's common knowledge that those incidents happened, I may assume that the offenders have been jailed for murder with intend?

If you assume anything in Thailand brains you only look like a <deleted>. I suggest you do not assume 'murder with intend'!

No need for a few insults at all, but I understand now that everyone know those drivers murdered people and they all got away with it. Right?

Buy the way, we can hold a conversation in my native language if you prefer and see how good you are at that one.

Edited by jbrain

So if it's common knowledge that those incidents happened, I may assume that the offenders have been jailed for murder with intend?

It does happen though, JBrain, sadly. Especially with large trucks.

I too have known that happen.

To the OP, I would definitely want proof that all her stuff was stolen.

I have heard better stories than this one though and they do do the rounds. They think it is original and they try it on. If it fails they have lost nothing. If it works they know they have someone who'll believe these stories and keep new stories coming.

If you assume anything in Thailand brains you only look like a <deleted>. I suggest you do not assume 'murder with intend'!

No need for a few insults at all, but I understand now that everyone know those drivers murdered people and they all got away with it. Right?

Buy the way, we can hold a conversation in my native language if you prefer and see how good you are at that one.

Not much of an offer if you don't reveal your native language!