Custom Made Shoes?

SurfRider

I was at Mike's shopping mall last month. On the first floor, along the south side of the vendors isle, next to a toy store,

there was a small shop that had size 48 sport shoes for me. That is about size 14 for America. I was astonished,

and bought them on the spot. Price was 1500 baht, and seem to be fine...

Hi

Might be worth a try, sorry my directions a little vague but there is a " old fashioned " shoe shop in north naklua, from Dolphin roundabout, head towards the fish market/ Lan Pho ( park).

Keep to your left past said fish market, within 200 metres there is a small single front shoe shop on your left.

Chinese Thai owner, speaks excellent English, has ready made shoes but also does tailor made.

I`ve not used him but he was most helpful and informative when I enquired about having some made( lightweight leather shoes rather than running shoes )

Possibly worth a visit/chat if not far out of your way.

He has a workshop at the back where I assume he makes the shoes.

In Bangkok on the stretch of Sukhumvit between Asoke and Nana where all the pushy tailors are there are plenty of leather shop that does tailor made shoes as well, they usually have big cowboy boots in their windows. I think I might have seen something similar in Pattaya on second road around south Pattaya/Walking Street area

In Bangkok on the stretch of Sukhumvit between Asoke and Nana where all the pushy tailors are there are plenty of leather shop that does tailor made shoes as well, they usually have big cowboy boots in their windows. I think I might have seen something similar in Pattaya on second road around south Pattaya/Walking Street area

Brummiebob,

If you are talking about the shop that is on second road at the back of Soi Diamond, I would not recommend buying from there.

I bought a pair of hand made shoes from there and they fell apart the fist time that I wore them (within 10 minutes of putting them on).

As I was back in Samutprakarn when they broke, it was cheaper to just throw them away and buy a new pair from Bata than to drive back to Pattaya.

"head towards the fish market/ Lan Pho"

Thanks, but I don't know anything about Naklua.

I seem to remember a tree somewhere in the middle of the road smile.png - is it before or after that? Any other landmarks?

Hi

Just after the sacred tree in the middle of the road, you will notice the fish market on your left, keep to your left, road narrows in to a small shopping street, it`s under 200 metres from that tree , shop on your left.

Same distance from Lan Pho park, here`s a little map to get to the park, might help.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=214200371837853669567.0004a978ecba8cd235446

• 2 weeks later...

Found the guy in Naklua, its 300 Meters past the Big tree. (left sidea0

He quoted me on a new pair of shoes, (copy my leather slide)s 2000 Baht and up.

Still deciding whether its worth it. Can anyone vouch for his quality? Prices?