Blood Pressure Meds In Hua Hin

vistana

I have put this in the Hua Hin forum as opposed to the medical section as I am looking for blood pressure meds in Hua Hin.

When I lived in the UK I was taking Ramapril 10 mgs daily but since moving here I have been buying a generic called Ramtace from a pharmacy near the shopping mall in town, however every time I go in there to buy my tablets the price has gone up by 90 to 100 baht, i know its not much but if anyone knows where else I can get it and at what price, I believe there are also other generic brands available so price of alternatives would be great.

Thanks very much.

I take several (expensive) daily medications, one that has never even been available here in Hua Hin. Years ago I heard about South East Pharmacy in Bangkok. It's THE wholesale pharmacy that imports most drugs and sells them to other pharmacies. They not only have the biggest selection in the country, their prices are 30 to 40% lower than Hua Hin pharmacies on the medications I used to buy here. I just go up there a couple of times per year and get a six month supply of everything each time and my medication bill went from around 4000 baht per month to around 2400 baht.

It's on Sukhumvit road near the corner of soi 15. The nearest BTS stop is Asoke. Get off there and walk towards Nana up the north side of Sukhumvit for about 5 minutes and you come to one of those areas where there are a lot of sidewalk vendors in a canvas tunnel just after crossing soi 15. The Pharmacy is easy to miss and there are several others in the area but this one has a double door with the name, South East Pharmacy clearly in English. It looks like just a door from the outside, but once inside it is a very large pharmacy with many English speaking employees. Just give them a list of what you want and the size and how many of each and they'll get everything for you. If you want generic just tell them that you'll take a generic if one is available for anything on the list. I've substituted two generics, saving me even more money. I've been using them for the past six or seven years and have saved at least 100k baht compared with Hua Hin pharmacy prices as I take a very expensive blood pressure med and three expensive asthma/allergy medications daily that were prescribed to me by my U.S. physician before I came here.

If you do as I do and go there two or three times per year to get several month's supply of medications you will same thousands of baht if anything you take is expensive. I think they even have a mail order program, but they don't have a web site so you'll have to go there once to find out how to use that. I don't because I enjoy getting out of Hua Hin once in a while and I don't trust our local post office as I've lost many items that were mailed to me here.

• Like 1

Hi hhfarang, Thanks for the very informative post I will see if I can find a phone number for them and give them a ring.

The generic I take now seems to be fine as have been taking it for 3 years... so happy to stay with that rather than going back to the Ramapril original.

I usually buy a box of 100 tablets which is good for just over three months so if they are cheaper one trip to Bkk to buy a years supply would be well worth it... and as you say it is nice to get out of HH once in a while!

Will post here the outcome of my phone call with South East Pharmacy.

MickA... Thanks for your post as well, have tried Facinos and even with our discount card they are more expensive than the pharmacy near the shopping mall, but many other products in there do work out cheaper than Boots, which is good.

Thanks again to you both smile.png

Thanks for the phone number hhfarang, have been trying for the last few days but they never answer!!... will keep trying.

I browsed other internet sites and found these two numbers:

The second number is listed on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-East-Pharmacy/489322494415530

I also read somewhere that they will take mail orders via email, but I can't seem to find their email address.

Google South East Pharmacy Bangkok and you will get lots of hits including many good reviews by people who buy their meds there (including myself... LOL).