Ive Got My First New Computer

kin hell

Now my first new computer has arrived, its time to think about down loading some “ free” Programms , being a newbie to computing and the vast range of “ free” things to down load its knowing just what to down load that will be of general use, ( excluding security soft ware ) if you could only down load -One- “ free” soft ware programme, what would it be and why..? may be your recommendations and comments may point me in the right direction, the main use of this new computer is for surfing & e. mail . The computer is running Windows XP Media Edition with the following pre- installed soft ware…

Win Zip

Sound Blaster Audigy

Cyberlink Power DVD

Google desk Top search

Nearo 7 Premium

NIT backup Now 4

NIT CD & DVD Maker 7

Power Quest Partition magic 7.0

Quick Time

Winamp

winRAR

Wirless 808

Adobe Reader 7.0

Programmes ive installed

Spybot search & destroy

Zone Labs

AVG free edition

Gmail Notifier

Upsmon ( UPS monitor programme )

Clean Up

Thanksd Alot

First ... what you want to DO with it ?

... mostly people have a computer, then what ? ...

Free software U should'à ... :D

A (good) virus killer : http://www.avast.com

A (microsoft) beta spyware killer : http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

And another good tool ... against ad-ware : http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html

Furthermore, they do not protect you superbe ! But if you are infected, you can ask me.

Most [let's say all] infections I've solved. Because you will get infected by malware [as most are].

But like most diseases, one doesn't know ... :D

... :o ... they call me "the Free-Ware man" - so legal free-ware.

Tell me what you want with your 'computer' ... :D

Hi there,

What do you plan to do with your PC?

Looking at the things you already have installed i would add.

Opera or Firefox as Browser, Open Office(instead of MS Office) and Thunderbird as Email Client.To Chat i use Gaim or Trillian . For Torrents : Bittorrent or Bitcomet is what i like to have . All the other things you have are just fine. Don't take Toolbars.

Hope that helps & Good luck,

rcm :o

Hi ,

I found also the "Google Pack" interesting. You have the Firefox , Google earth and various other things with it. You can choose what or what not to take . So don't think about the Toolbar . Good things to take are Picasa , google Talk , Google Earth , Ad-aware, Google Desktop , Mozilla Firefox ,and i also like the Google Screensaver .

hope that helps,

Hi ,

I found also the "Google Pack" interesting. You have the Firefox , Google earth and various other things with it. You can choose what or what not to take . So don't think about the Toolbar . Good things to take are Picasa , google Talk , Google Earth , Ad-aware, Google Desktop , Mozilla Firefox ,and i also like the Google Screensaver .

hope that helps,

RCN,

Doesn't Google desktop contain some of the nasties of toolbars?

Fisherd3