Large clothes for farang (me) - cotton undershirts and dress shoes

nkg

I'm trying to expand my wardrobe a bit so that I am prepared for formal occasions. Unfortunately, I have "a few excess kilos".

Does anybody know of a good place to buy oversized white cotton undershirts or just plain white cotton T-shirts? Anywhere in Phuket is OK for me.

I also need to buy some new black dress shoes. The places I've tried so far have little or no large shoe sizes in stock. I'm about 45 European size - 10.5 UK, 11.5 US. I don't really want to spend a fortune, maybe 3000-4000 baht for something that will last a few years.

Any suggestions?

Go to outlet on bypass. I couldn't find shoes anywhere in the size 12 u.s. anywhere on the island that were nice.

Outlet has the best range for large sizes and the prices are very cheap as it's oldish stock.

They also have a XXL shop for large men if you need clothes.

It's called XXL for men. :lol:

Robinson should have your shoe size. I found 2-3 styles in US size 12. I paid 4400B, for a decent pair.

The range sucks and you end up with a pair of shoes that fit but weren't really the style you were after.

Sick of settling for 2nd best.

I did actually try Robinsons - the one in Phuket Town had one pair that fitted me, but they were Italian-style shoes that made me look like a wannabe pimp.

Robinsons in Jungceylon claimed that they didn't have anything bigger than size 10 US anywhere in the store, which defied all logic to me, given that most of their customers are farang. Maybe the shop assistants were clueless that day ...

I've somehow managed to never go to Outlet - I did consider looking there, I will definitely try there now. Any other suggestions very welcome.

I had a pair of very nice dress shoes handcrafted in Hong Kong for me several years ago. The price was right. With all the tailors in Phuket, it could be a good niche market.

Do the Thai leather shops here make shoes? I have seen boots for sale in the shops, but I don't know if they were made in the workshop or are just "off the rack."

Taywin MBK but of course it's BKK wink.png

Just curious. Why did you bother to post this on the Phuket Forum? Are you just a bit confused?

OP check at Central Festival, I've found shoes and shirts there. I'm sure they have pants as well.

Edited by Jimi007

The Export shop inside Robinsons. Go in the main entrance, past the little cafe, and it is the first business on the left. There is a store on the third floor of Central that has some stuff as well.

I believe the Export shop sells stuff that was made in this region for export (hence the name), but then didn't pass QA/QC so they just want to unload it. Most of the flaws, where visible, are quite minor, but it is still good to check.