I just don't care...

britgent

I agree with the OP. I'm interested in other people, but it's usually not an interest generated by small talk. It takes time for me to genuinely respect someone, because it takes time to understand someone's philosophies and general disposition in life.

My friend's girlfriend works for one of the volunteer to teach programs, which is typically a bunch of recent university grads, or people taking a gap year. In other words -- they're tourists. Whenever she brings out the volunteers, my friends and I don't even want to go. It's the same conversations again and again.

Some people have the personality of a tag waggin' Golden Retriever, while others, like me, are more like cats.

If she is cute, has cleavage and available ... I'm all ears ... rolleyes.gif ... if not ears ... then insert desired body part.

I agree, i am very tolerant in general with a nice girl , even if she's not the brightest mind coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I agree with the OP. I'm interested in other people, but it's usually not an interest generated by small talk. It takes time for me to genuinely respect someone, because it takes time to understand someone's philosophies and general disposition in life.

My friend's girlfriend works for one of the volunteer to teach programs, which is typically a bunch of recent university grads, or people taking a gap year. In other words -- they're tourists. Whenever she brings out the volunteers, my friends and I don't even want to go. It's the same conversations again and again.

Some people have the personality of a tag waggin' Golden Retriever, while others, like me, are more like cats.

Cats are selfish creatures,whenever they come near you,be prepared to do their bidding,it's not about you,it's all about them.

• Like 1

Actually, I hate hearing about others’ lives as well, but I learned long ago, that if I wanted to talk about me, that I would have to look attentive and feign concern with the occasional nod or whatnot until it was my turn to talk.

This is the problem with too many people. No one listens, they just wait for their turn to fill the air space. No wonder people are boring to you, you have no clue what they are saying.

The people i don't care about are the ones that tell you their daily life story on Facebook and other social networks. You know the ones i mean....''Just had a dump and there was no toilet paper so i had to wash my hands before i ate my breakfast of toast and marmalade'....'I'm off to work now to see that bitch Sally in the outer office who's always fluttering her eyes at me but is knocking off Jim from the accounts department'....'Hell my feet are aching and i've not walked anywhere this morning and it's still only 9.30'....'It's raining outside and i can see people getting wet'.....Yada, yada.

Sadly these examples are drawn from the drivel outed from my own family members twixt 20 and 35 years old....what hope for their kids ?