Russian man shot in Phuket beachfront drive-by

webfact

Always overreacting. This is why the murder rate in Thailand is 5-10x that of civilized countries.

yes well we could all go live in Singapore. How fascinating that would be.

Or Pattaya. Who would ever think the day would come when Pattaya is safer than Phuket? :) :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always overreacting. This is why the murder rate in Thailand is 5-10x that of civilized countries.

Or Pattaya. Who would ever think the day would come when Pattaya is safer than Phuket? smile.pngsmile.png

Pfft! Please! Are you another brilliant poster that doesn't know that Phuket is a province? And that Pattaya is a city in the province of Chon Buri? Yet you claim you live here? Really! Unbelievable...facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gifOh that's right, you were trying to be sarcastic, yet again?

Edited by Jimi007

Or Pattaya. Who would ever think the day would come when Pattaya is safer than Phuket? smile.pngsmile.png

Pfft! Please! Are you another brilliant poster that doesn't know that Phuket is a province? And that Pattaya is a city in the province of Chon Buri? Yet you claim you live here? Really! Unbelievable...facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Who would ever think that Chonburi would one day be safer than Phuket. smile.pngsmile.png

I didn't need the geography lesson, but hey, if it makes you feel better. smile.pngsmile.png

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the rising crime here in recent times, unless, of course, you believe there has been no rise in crime. :)

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

@ Jimi007

I'm not suggesting this was a professional hit. I just commented that I wouldn't use a local for a professional kill - not that I would ever require one.

From the details in the article, it was far from a profesional attempt to kill.

More like a couple of drugged up locals who think they have a "licence" to do ANYTHING they please against a farang here.

Gee, I wonder where they get that attitude from? smile.pngsmile.png

I think it should read

"locals who have a "licence" to do ANYTHING they please against a farang here without fear of any action being taken.

You can talk about this in a funny way but I know lot's of long time expats who don't go out at night anymore just because of these youth gangs.

In my humble opinion the police should have more check points at night time when they (these gangs) seem to own the roads.

Not to long ago they had these races at night time; driving against !! traffic in the night time with NO lights on, just to see who's macho. Some died sure, but it was fun ????

Now a days a dirty look might get you killed.

“Two youths rode by on a motorbike and then swung around and started to follow the car, we were told,” said Col Jumroon.

“Mr Klocskov’s friends believe the cause of the shooting might have been due to the Vios cutting the motorbike off,” he added.""

Perhaps he should have shared the pizza equally?

Or perhaps you shouldn't have bothered to post this either? Another newbie trying to put up his post count? But at least you bothered to read and post the pertinent and only facts in the article...

I'm afraid it's more serious than that - redistribution of pizza. Check his name and avatar. Next it will be a five-year plan to make all pizza parlors state-owned as a solution. Maybe the Russian mafia (if there is one, heh heh) should be considering a "redistribution of bullets" plan. They may have a surplus.

Still convinced that there is no Russian Mafia

What are you talking about? Did you bother to read the OP before you bothered to post this tripe?

Hmmmmmmm, if I was a foreign mobster perhaps l might hire local lo-life for a hit. coffee1.gif

Cheaper also!

I guess you do not consider the USA a civilized country? According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Thailand and the US have the same murder rate.

• Like 1

Still convinced that there is no Russian Mafia

What are you talking about? Did you bother to read the OP before you bothered to post this tripe?

Hmmmmmmm, if I was a foreign mobster perhaps l might hire local lo-life for a hit. coffee1.gif

Cheaper also!

I'm really happy that some posters don't even bother reading the Original Post then comment on pure BS speculation. Great post peecee! clap2.gif

Nothing more dangerous, than undisciplined, uneducated and thick as <deleted> teenagers with firearms... The ultimate cocktails of testosterone, bravado and pure stupidity. Luckily there is some natural selection as invariably some idiot will kill some other idiot. Not enough though. Useless eaters.

I guess you do not consider the USA a civilized country? According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Thailand and the US have the same murder rate.

coould not resist this one but where is that quote about understanding civilisation and the state of prisons???

As bad as East LA in the 80's and 90's!

Not even close!:blink:Whoa...compared to where I live part time in the U.S.A.

Thailand is the safest place I can think of. Yesterday a 30-40 gang of thugs blocked

the road and pulled a white guy out of his car and took turns jumping up and down on his head.

He's a goner. This is the new fun they call Flash mob attachs.

There are 9 tv new stations in my city and none reported this.Out of 14 local newspapers only

2 reported this awfull crime. LIBS LIBS LIBS.

The crime in inner city America is kept mostly secert by the lib media. Where I live their is

murders everyday. You can thank obama and holder.

The other day I saw Holder and Anthony Wiener on tv at the same time, Obama giving them a

big smile.............I saw a weiner holder....LOL

I believe there are certain cultures in the multi-cultural US that could be considered uncivilized.

Article on America's ten (10) deadliest cities. The reader can deduce the culture (of violence) involved, perhaps.:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/22686/america-s-10-deadliest-cities-2012

Someone in the media stated that if the murder rates the top five (5) cities were not included in the US totals, the US murder rate would be equivalent to Belgium's (whatever that is).

Edited by MaxYakov

Nothing more dangerous, than undisciplined, uneducated and thick as <deleted> teenagers with firearms... The ultimate cocktails of testosterone, bravado and pure stupidity. Luckily there is some natural selection as invariably some idiot will kill some other idiot. Not enough though. Useless eaters.

"undisciplined, uneducated" - and under the influence (drugs/alcohol)

Roadrage.

It's the rising "rage" part of the "roadrage" here that is of a concern, not to mention, these young guys, with what appears to be a hatred of foreigners, are carrying firearms.

For once I agree with you biggrin.png

It is of huge concern that apparently there is a hatred of foreigners here. Couple this with armed youths with a chip on the shoulder and yes, the future looks bleak should you have a disagreement on the roads here.

Xenophobia in the LOS, now there's a thread I'd like to see wai2.gif

Roadrage.

It's the rising "rage" part of the "roadrage" here that is of a concern, not to mention, these young guys, with what appears to be a hatred of foreigners, are carrying firearms.

It is of huge concern that apparently there is a hatred of foreigners here. Couple this with armed youths with a chip on the shoulder and yes, the future looks bleak should you have a disagreement on the roads here.

After 3,348 posts - I'm happy you finally agree with one of them. :) :)

Roadrage.

After 3,348 posts - I'm happy you finally agree with one of them. smile.pngsmile.png

clap2.gif You sarky git!

I must confess to not reading all your posts Mr Ice Manbiggrin.png

“Two youths rode by on a motorbike and then swung around and started to follow the car, we were told,” said Col Jumroon.

“Mr Klocskov’s friends believe the cause of the shooting might have been due to the Vios cutting the motorbike off,” he added.""

Or perhaps you shouldn't have bothered to post this either? Another newbie trying to put up his post count? But at least you bothered to read and post the pertinent and only facts in the article...

you seem to have a serious problem that correlates post count with right to post.

you are living proof that your posts dont become any more valid through sheer volume

• Like 1

Roadrage.

Not restricted to foreigners and/or a hatred of them at all..many Thai on Thai occurrences,, but they aren't headline making on a foreigners forum, thats all.

Road rage happens worldwide and probably even moreso in ''developed' countries....and as it is here is on the increase..

you seem to have a serious problem that correlates post count with right to post.

you are living proof that your posts dont become any more valid through sheer volume

I believe Jimi007 was actually correlating KommieKat's post with foolishness.

I tend to agree: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/661797-russian-man-shot-in-phuket-beachfront-drive-by/page-2#entry6733618

Edited by MaxYakov

Wow. It wasn't that long ago I was reading about a (think) German guy who was put in hospital when he tried to cross the road and was nearly run over by a couple of guys on a motor bike. So, let me get this right. Drive dangerously and threaten a farang's life and you have to get upset and then put them in hospital. Drive dangerously as a farang and threaten someone elses life, then you do the same - get upset and put them in hospital. Makes perfect sense to me.

No the German was not put in the Hospital. (But what the heck- as long as you are trying to weave a denigrating lie you may as well embellish). The entire latest incident was a different scenario. So let me get this right. You are trying to draw a similarity with the pedestrian - motorbike incident and this more recent event and then sarcastically insinuate double standards. What a load of crap! There is much unsubstantiated speculation and bottom line is that nobody is even certain what percipitated the shooting and it is unknown whether the object of firing the gun was to hit a human or a car.