EVA Air LHR Lounge

RabC

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/check-in-baggage-and-airports/worldwide-airports/?region=Europe&airport=

It's the SAS lounge now. Same as Thai et al.

I prefered the bathroom arrangement in the AA lounge, but otherwise there's not a lot between them.

Thanks, must say I was hoping that wasn't the answer as I don't like the Ikea waiting room that is the SSS lounge. I guess as they are now Star Alliance, I will do as I did with Thai and use my card to get into the Singapore Airways lounge.

So why ask??

It was a pertinent question in the relevant forum which doesn't need further analysis. I was wondering which lounge it was too so looked it up as it was obvious no one here knew and any rplies were going to be pointless and uninformative.

• Like 2

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/check-in-baggage-and-airports/worldwide-airports/?region=Europe&airport=

I prefered the bathroom arrangement in the AA lounge, but otherwise there's not a lot between them.

Thanks, must say I was hoping that wasn't the answer as I don't like the Ikea waiting room that is the SSS lounge. I guess as they are now Star Alliance, I will do as I did with Thai and use my card to get into the Singapore Airways lounge.

RabC...Are you saying that you can use the new EVA Air membership card ( Star Alliance), to get into other air lounges ?

RabC...Are you saying that you can use the new EVA Air membership card ( Star Alliance), to get into other air lounges ?

I am TG Gold and can use that in any Star Alliance lounge as long as flying Star Alliance, I assume its the same for all Star Alliance Gold Card holders

I am TG Gold and can use that in any Star Alliance lounge as long as flying Star Alliance, I assume its the same for all Star Alliance Gold Card holders

Thanks. Just found this:http://www.staralliance.com/en/benefits/status-benefits/lounge-access-policy/

Can usually take a guest in if they are on a *A flight as well.

The last few times I flew EVA I didn't bother collecting points. Am rueing that now.

Looking at their new product and the fact they are now Star Alliance I think I may well be changing my allegiance from Thai.

Their old cabin was about on a par with Thai. I think Thai's sloping seats were a bit more comfortable. As they won't let me book a mixed class ticket, I have to go in Elite only now, so won't get to experience the new business cabin any time soon. Elite has actually been downgraded, but the price is the same.

So why ask??

It was a pertinent question in the relevant forum which doesn't need further analysis. I was wondering which lounge it was too so looked it up as it was obvious no one here knew and any rplies were going to be pointless and uninformative.

Apologies for what seemed like a comment not in the best of spirit.

Some surprisingly good responses to the thread wai2.gif

A quick read of the *A website shows two lounges in T3/LHR, the SQ/SKL and the SK/AC "London Lounge". Both are Star Gold lounges, so if you are * Gold with any airlines you can use either lounge, in any class of service. It looks like BR uses T3 until 2 July 2014 when they move to T2. Also, one can credit miles to any program, so you can fly BR but credit your miles to TG/ROP - just make sure your TG/ROP account is associated with your BR PNR - it should show as such on your boarding card(s). You can also remove any FF detail, and then claim it retroactively as required - they always check to make sure you aren't double-dipping. As always, you should verify mileage credit by fare for your target program(s).

With Thai, they usually direct you to the SAS lounge rather than the SQ one and I suspect they do the same with EVA, although you are entitled to use the SQ lounge as well. I have read SQ staff are a bit sniffy toward non-SQ passengers, but will let you in.

According to the SQ.SKL page, this lounge is open 07:15 - 22:00.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/lounge-silverkris/lounge-silverkrisoverseas/

If you are on TG 911, TG 917 or BR 68 it seems like you could use either lounge. Many say the SKL lounge is a bit on the smallish side and can become quite crowded.

SQ has four dailies: 11:30, 14:05, 20:35 and 22:05. With that 14:05 departure it would seem strange if this lounge closed during the mid-day?

They may well say it is open, but I can assure you from experience the staff are not happy having to hang around once the 11:30 SQ flight has left. I am not sure how long the 14:05 flight has been running but from 11:00-11:45 I am normally the only one there and the staff would much prefer to be hiding out back than keeping an eye on me.

I had a chance to visit the EVA lounge at BKK yesterday for the first time, just after lunchtime at around 14:00. I was actually on a TG flight, boarding at the E concourse, but given the nasty food in TG business class lounges at BKK and the lack of wine, I though I would check out the EVA lounge since I have a TG gold card and that allows use of any *A lounge.

The seating itself looks sort of cheap and isn't all that comfy, but at least it's in better nick than the TG lounge. It really looks a lot like the Bangkok Airways economy lounge. The food service is far better than TG's lounge, but of course that isn't saying much. Yesterday afternoon, they had on offer: pizza (from Pizza Hut), chicken rice (khao man gai), about six kinds of dim sum, various canapés, including smoked salmon and ham/cheese, sandwiches, green salad, all kinds of fresh fruit, and Swenson's ice cream. Not quite Emirates, but loads better than Thai lounge food. They had a decent selection of spirits, beer, and also wine, which of course TG no longer serve. Also, they had relatively fast wifi.

So if you have a TG flight out at the E gates or high number D gates, skip the TG lounge and check out the EVA lounge if you are on a TG flight and have an ROP gold card.

Edited by bubba

Now that BR are part of *A it seems easy to imagine they might consider closing their lounge at BKK and using the various TG lounges?

Is this BR lounge labeled in any way as a * Gold lounge? What hours is this BR lounge open? 08:30~17:30(Mon to Fri).

VIP Lounge Location : EVA Air Lounge, 3rd floor of Concourse F, before Gate F1

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/check-in-baggage-and-airports/worldwide-airports/?region=Southeast-Asia&airport=BKK

post-9615-0-90981100-1377175055_thumb.jp

Let's hope EVA do not decide to close their lounge and use the TG lounges. That would make the already crowded Thai Airways lounges even more crowded, as well as eliminating the EVA lounge option for better food.

Interestingly, Singapore still have their lounge, although they are *A. Perhaps SQ keep their lounge open because they focus on quality of service and the TG lounge certainly would not meet Singapore Airlines quality standards or the expectations of their passengers.

Yes, SQ has had their lounge here at BKK since SBIA opened - I have the vaguest recollection that the TG lounges opened a few weeks after the airport opened 28 Sep 2006 but that the SQ lounge was open on day 1; I flew out that first day but used one of the Louis Tavern lounges that morning. The SQ lounge is a * Gold lounge you can use it instead of the TG lounges, although it is a bit out of the way, a bit on the small side and has limited opening hours.

I have no idea if BR plans to close their lounge here, but airlines are often looking for ways to reduce costs and increase alliance synergies so it seems like they might be considering it? I assume they have some sort of lease which probably would govern if/when changes might be made. One can always chat up the agents in the lounge as they usually know what is going on.

BR does have limited flights ex-BKK, the only daily being LHR/BR67 (BR 61 and BR 75 fly four times per week) and the equivalent of three dailies to TPE.

SQ have five (5) dailies from BKK to SIN.

I think EVA would have to consider their loyal passengers and how they would feel if the lounge was closed and all those passengers were forced to endure the substandard Thai Airways lounges. Also, EVA do have more flights than the other Star Alliance carriers that rely on the Thai lounge, so maybe they can justify keeping it open.

Interesting visit to the Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge in Kuala Lumpur yesterday - there was a sign at the entrance counter stating that wifi access was broken. I asked the desk agent how long it had been broken and she told me two weeks. Seriously - an airline business class lounge and after two weeks, they still hadn't fixed the broken wifi?? Fortunately there is a Singapore Airlines lounge nearby with working wifi, and as always, much better food than the Thai lounge.

I guess the advice here is: if you have no choice but to fly TG frequently, be sure to get a Star Alliance gold card so that you don't have to use their lounges!