Floating Transfer

Lancelot

Has any poster had experience with changing bike registration with the "Floating Transfer" ****Thai language removed**** (Gan on loy) method?

I've googled it and it seems that I must go to the DLT and apply to have the bike "Ready to transfer" then any new buyer can put it in his name. But, I'm thinking what if the guy doesn't show? Or shows up with several of his buddies (Wants me to deliver the bike to BKK)

I told the guy we can do it with Transfer and Power of Attorney forms but he seems reluctant. Supposedly only has Sunday off, when the DLT offices are closed.

I think I'm passing on this prospective buyer but maybe I'm thinking too much.

Any thoughts?

Edited by metisdead
This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

After more research I believe I was lost in translation, 555! "Floating Transfer" is indeed a Power of Attorney form, along with a Transfer Form that enables the buyer to take to his local DLT. I used this method when I bought the bike at Korat.

Live and learn smile.png

http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php%3Fid%3Dcar2home%26month%3D03-2013%26date%3D14%26group%3D1%26gblog%3D5&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E0%25B9%2582%25E0%25B8%25AD%25E0%25B8%2599%25E0%25B8%25A5%25E0%25B8%25AD%25E0%25B8%25A2%26biw%3D1311%26bih%3D625

Edited by Lancelot

Sounds a bit strange, but if it's accepted in all 76 provinces that's great news.

Oh, it works, that is how I purchased the CBR150 at Korat.

My confusion was because a Thai friend told me the "Power of Attorney" method is not a "Floating Transfer."

But it is :)

Lost in translation...