Tax on Government Rebate Scheme ?

tonika

My wife's family bought a car last September, with the Thai Government rebate scheme. They thought they'd get the full entitlement back ( B 100,000 ) after 1 year. But her brother say's he was told they'd have to pay tax on it. Can anyone confirm if this is correct. And, if so how much will the tax be ?

No, no tax (how can a tax rebate be taxed?).

The misunderstanding may be that the rebate was up to 100.000 Baht, depending on the car. Some people thought the rebate was 100.000 Baht for all car purchases, which is not the case.

• Like 2

No, no tax (how can a tax rebate be taxed?).

The misunderstanding may be that the rebate was up to 100.000 Baht, depending on the car. Some people thought the rebate was 100.000 Baht for all car purchases, which is not the case.

Lol.. this is Thailand under Phua Thai anything is possible.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• 3 months later...

My Thai g/f bought her new car in June/July 2012 and had it registered for the tax rebate i think in Aug, a Nissan Almera. She was told she should get the rebate of 69k in Sept this year 2013, however we are now heading into Dec and nothing yet. I can understand some delays, but does anybody have any idea why its delayed so long, anyone out there in a similar situation?

My Thai g/f bought her new car in June/July 2012 and had it registered for the tax rebate i think in Aug, a Nissan Almera. She was told she should get the rebate of 69k in Sept this year 2013, however we are now heading into Dec and nothing yet. I can understand some delays, but does anybody have any idea why its delayed so long, anyone out there in a similar situation?

Does she have any paperwork on that?

Does she have any paperwork on that?

And has she rung up and chased where it is.........?

To answer the OP my gf received the rebate amount directly into her bank account, (less than a 100k but that was expected) and there was no mention of any tax.

Hi, me and my Thai G/F bought a car last November, but this is the first time i have heard of this!

Is there a certain criteria for this rebate or can anyone get it?

Yes, there were criteria you may of may have not have met, but you had to apply earlier, so you can't get it anymore.

Edited by stevenl

Hi, me and my Thai G/F bought a car last November, but this is the first time i have heard of this!

Is there a certain criteria for this rebate or can anyone get it?

My guess is,that if you did not register for the rebate at the time you've purchased,it's already to late...and it was for the first time(Thai) buyers only.