Tourist visa or Non-O Visa...from Shanghai.

Hello all,

My extension on my tourist visa (obtained in Shanghai, single entry) on US passport, will expire end of September. I have to go back to China around that time for business any way. I thought I may apply again for a second tourist visa. Anyone ever heard of a double-entry Tourist visa from China? Also a back to back visa from Shanghai might be a problem?

I would rather of course apply for a Non-immigrant O visa, any basis I can claim it on? I have NO Thai relatives :) I am basically on retirement breaks in Thailand. Even though I qualify for the Non OA visa, I'd rather not bring 800K in baht here, or go back to home country in the meantime.

Thanks!

Money in bank is not only option for retirement extension if you can show 65K income. Any income or even money in bank can be used at most embassies to get an income letter. Or a combination of both money and income at immigration.

You can get a single entry O visa at most locations with only passport for proof of age of 50 or over.

I can't help with tourist visa question.

Thanks ubonjoe.

Quick question, I'll actually go tomorrow for my extension. I'll get 30 days from the date "admitted until" on my passport, or 30 days from "enter before" on my tourist visa?