Update on 5 year licence for car & bike, August 2013

seajae

Just did my renewal this morning to get my 5 year car and bike licences, all up it was just under 1,500 baht. Walked into the licencing centre in Surat Thani and there bugger all people around(8.30am), checked what I needed then went to the immigration office first up. Got my paper that stated where I live(300 baht), sheet of 8 pics(100 baht), then went to the doctors for my medical certificate(100 Baht) got 2 photocopies of each document plus 2 of my current visa and main page in my passport(4 baht). Back to the licence centre, 5 year car licence was 500 baht, 5 year bike licence was 250 baht, (had to do the pull the cord bit, lights etc because I was getting a 5 year licence, not needed for a 1 year one), then it was 220 baht for the photo licences. Had both licences in my pocket by 10 am, pretty easy run actually, here is the layout of the fees:

Sheet of 8 pics(for immigration) : 100 baht.

Official letter of residence from immigration : 300 baht

Medical certificate for licence : 100 baht

Photo coppies(2 of each certificate and visa/main page of passport : 4 baht

5 year Car licence : 500 baht

5 year Bike licence : 250 baht

2 photo licences in clear plastic covers : 220 baht.

Total Cost 1,974 baht.

Licences are now valid till June 2019 as my birthday is in June so it goes to the birthday after the renewal date, I scored an extra 10 months for free.