Safest beer for no hang over or ill effects?

britgent

Yes I know no beer is the best bet for no hang over but after experimenting with the usual suspects I have found that Chang pretty much annihilates the senses and tries to kill me the evening in question with my antics and the morning after with the changeover.

I then moved onto Leo but quickly grew bored of its overly sweet taste and moved onto Heineken which just doesn't taste right sometimes.

Recently I have been favouring Singha.

Sorry to go on what I meant to ask instead of waffling on is which beer is of the highest quality and least likely to produce a terrible hang over.

Moderation is key I know.

Also has anybody experienced the flat beer syndrome plaguing Thailand? Every now and again I get a fresh beer and its perfectly flat like it has been left open sometime. I'm guessing this might be waiting staff getting the order wring and resealing the bottle so as not to incur wastage?

My last point is does anybody accept the free shits at bars, I'm sure its despicable home brew and I'm wary off what they might slip in it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chang without a doubt.

For the no hangover effect, you should try to consume between 12 and 14 large bottles before retiring.

After consumption, try to rule out any physical exercise before, or during, going to bed.

rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Added smiley in case I would be taken serious

Edited by chrisinth

The problem with hangovers and Thai beer is too many people try to hydrate themselves with it. Alcohol is a diuretic. Drinking beer causes you to loose more water than you take in. Have a bottle of water every few beers and you'll have far fewer ill effects.

• Like 2

I've settled for the least worse Leo.

Singha half decent taste, but rich. After about 5 or 6 it makes me puke.

Chang , monster hangover and tastes of gawd knows what.

Heneiken , wouldn't drink it if it as the last thing on offer in the UK, but drink in Thailand if it's that or Chang.

Tiger don't like the taste.

Archer rough..

Red Horse only seen in cans. Phuket beer only available in tops ( perhaps outside of Phuket).

Loving the choice of beers in the Uk at the moment and last week in 700 year old pubs, rather a bit better than a shop house and a bottle.

Not my favorite beer, but I have never had side effects from Chang. But then I am not allergic to MSG either.

Singha is my favorite in LOS (we have better beers here in Cambodiabiggrin.png ).

Agree with other posters: neck a bottle of water every so often and you will be a lot less rough for wear the next day.

Sorry for the title I tried to edit the I'll to Ill but no joy. Predictive text etc. Could a kind mod please do it?

I forgot Chang Export. After reading so many good things about it I headed straight to tops and bought a crate. How disappointed I was when I discovered how tasteless it is. They sat in the fridge untouched for a very long time.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've never had a problem with Tiger, Chang Export or Federbrau, the Chang copy of Carlsberg. Of course, moderation is the key but the taste of Chang should be a dead giveaway that it will hurt the next day.

Down a bottle of Gatorade or mix some rehydration salts into a bottle of water and finish it before going to bed along with a B complex multivitamin.

• Like 1