Makro - Happy shopping and no membership required

ExpatOilWorker

Makro where ? BKK ?

do they ask for any sort of identification nowadays ?

Last time I went to Makro must have been in 2006 or so. no membership required, but I had to fill some form.

Do they deliver if spending for a certain amount ?

Makro where ? BKK ?

Last time I went to Makro must have been in 2006 or so. no membership required, but I had to fill some form.

All Makros throughout Thailand are the same, as far as I know. You do need a Makro membership card to shop there. As long as I can remember (at least back to the late 90's) you always needed a Makro membership card to shop there. However, the membership card is very easy to get. Once you have one, you can shop at any Makro in Thailand. I've never seen Makro deliver anything, no matter how much you buy. But I'm not 100% certain since I've never inquired about deliveries. I've bought in excess of 30,000 baht at times and have never been been offered delivery. And the previous statement about Makro not providing plastic bags is true. You must either bring your own bags or just simpy throw everything in you car or pickup. Not a big deal!

makros been about for years,

ive bought all my tv,s there my washer, many electrical goods,

i didnt know people didnt know about it,,

very good place as the OP says,

ps,

if you look in the freezer dpt you will find good steaks, legs of lamb, all the things we sometimes miss,,lol,

• Like 2

All Makros throughout Thailand are the same, as far as I know. You do need a Makro membership card to shop there.

Not true. I shop at the Makro in Chiang Mai for sometime now and do not have a card. They always ask but never required.

• Like 2

Makro where ? BKK ?

All Makros throughout Thailand are the same, as far as I know. You do need a Makro membership card to shop there. As long as I can remember (at least back to the late 90's) you always needed a Makro membership card to shop there. However, the membership card is very easy to get. Once you have one, you can shop at any Makro in Thailand. I've never seen Makro deliver anything, no matter how much you buy. But I'm not 100% certain since I've never inquired about deliveries. I've bought in excess of 30,000 baht at times and have never been been offered delivery. And the previous statement about Makro not providing plastic bags is true. You must either bring your own bags or just simpy throw everything in you car or pickup. Not a big deal!

Back in the last century. LOL

Edited by agogohome

All Makros throughout Thailand are the same, as far as I know. You do need a Makro membership card to shop there.

Not true. I shop at the Makro in Chiang Mai for sometime now and do not have a card. They always ask but never required.

Very true, also shop for some years with NO card..........

Things appears to have changed......... before going always looked online at what they had on offer/promotion, this now is different as they ask for membership card number.before you can view page........ so now have a membership card = can see all on-line as well as every so often get the offers in a brochure sent by post..

NO membership is required......(period)

I simply walked in, filled my card and paid cash at the registry. No form was filled in or ever asked for and I paid the prices as listed throughout the shop.

However, there is a membership system for company owners where they collect points, but I am not familiar with the details for that.

• Like 1

ps,

if you look in the freezer dpt you will find good steaks, legs of lamb, all the things we sometimes miss,,lol,

Actually their freezer section has EVERYTHING, even wild boar, deer meat, NZ lamb, Salmon, scallops, frog meat, alligator meat, any type of steaks, pork....well you got the picture. The price is half or less than most farang supermarkets.

Just looked on-line again........... without membership I.D. can view 16 pages of offers/Promotion.............. maybe 2 months ago was a problem with website ? as tried for 3 days and was unable to view anything, always said enter Membership I.D.

So back to NO membership is required..

Never used a membership card at Macro. They always ask if I have one at the checkout, but ring up the sale anyway. Having the card is useful if you run a business as you can get an account summary to show yearly expenses.

ps,

Actually their freezer section has EVERYTHING, even wild boar, deer meat, NZ lamb, Salmon, scallops, frog meat, alligator meat, any type of steaks, pork....well you got the picture. The price is half or less than most farang supermarkets.

ive shoped there for years,

you cant convert the converted,,lol, its not a new place

I have shopped at Makro for 12 years and have always been asked for a membership card, in Nakhon Sawan you are asked for a membership card before checkout they swipe the card on the receipt of the interaction. At time when other family members have gone shopping there without a membership card we lend them ours.

I have always do the bulk of my monthly shopping there.

If you have not gone be sure to go at least once, Yes and the frozen food section offers a great vareity of different meats.

Cheers:wai2.gif

Lending cards to family members can backfire. It is used to register how much you bought.

It can be used to estimate how much you sell and thus how much profit you made that can be taxed.

I shopped last week in Makro (Sathorn) and found most things i needed. As the layout was not known i spend quit some time.

Plastic bags were available for free at customer service.

Only disappointing thing was that the parking was 140 baht. I guess we were there about 4 hours.

Next time i will ask if a membership or some other means allows for free parking.

And the previous statement about Makro not providing plastic bags is true. You must either bring your own bags or just simpy throw everything in you car or pickup. Not a big deal!

Not giving out plastic bags is a great thing! Should enforce reusable bags but that will never happen.

All Makros throughout Thailand are the same, as far as I know.  You do need a Makro membership card to shop there.

Not true.  I shop at the Makro in Chiang Mai for sometime now and do not have a card.  They always ask but never required.

At the Phetchabun Makro you can have a "short time", well that's what the pretty young one told me at the customer desk.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Pattaya you just stop at the desk on the way in, and they will give you a temporary card that you surrender at the register. I personally have never found them to be much cheaper than all the rest (Big C, Tesco) and having to store large quantities is not worth the trouble, IMHO

In Pattaya you just stop at the desk on the way in, and they  will give you a temporary card that you surrender at the register.   I personally have never found them to be much cheaper than all the rest (Big C, Tesco) and having to store large quantities is not worth the trouble, IMHO

Well that's up to you. I run a bakery and they sell good flour in 10 kg box's. The other day they run out of flour on the shelf but I noticed lots more on a pallet way above. I spoke to an assistant and they went and got a reach forklift to bring it down. Top boys in my IMHO.

Plus at my store they have this Lao coffee., nice.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ps,

Blimey, they sell wild boar, hmmmmmmm, never heard anywhere selling farangs. whistling.gif ......................laugh.png

In Pattaya they will give you a guest card , so you can use it when you pay .

I asked for a membership but they told me I needed to run a business to be able to get that ?

never even spent a satang in makro. some reason lost at the back of my mind somewhere i dont even see them as a place to shop, and i shop at various thai supermarkets often and for years and years. perhaps its that membership thing that i have long forgotten. mostly they are not conveniently located unless you look for them specially.

Edited by jointedNose

same same makro in chiang rai....they give you free guest card at customer service desk at front entrance..takes about one minute to get...free parking of course and delivery on certain items....

• 6 months later...