Where to find Premium Wines in Thailand?

travis5369

Not sure where you are in town, but in the parking garage area between Silom Center and the Starbucks on Convent is a wonderful wine store. I personally didn't think the wine prices were too over the top if you look around a bit. Come to think of it - isn't there a wine store inside Silom? Maybe that was before the place was renovated...but there is one in the parking area.

Don't forget, you're only a couple hours drive from Thailand's wine country near Khao Yai!

Tr

Villa Market on Soi 33. their upstairs wine shop has a good selection of wines from France, Italy, Australia with smaller selections from Chile, South Africa and New Zealand. I am not sure that you would descibe them as premium although there certainly are some expensive wines in the selection. I would be wary of shelling out a lot of money i.e. more than B2000 simply because the wines are not cellared under ideal conditions. I have heard stories of wine containers sitting on the docks in very hot weather when they first arrive. Still, they do have a good selection. Wine Connection has various stores around but I don't think the choice is as good as Villa Soi 33. Goo Luck.

I'm not sure that Wine Connection or the likes of Villa/Foodland can be considered seriously high end. In my opinion, the wine store in the supermarket basement of Siam Paragon can. (The wine store in Emporium is suitably eye-wateringly expensive, but rather small, so the selection is limited.)

On Soi Rang Nam in BKK King Power Duty Free has a wide range of wines from around the world and some quite expensive bottles, 15,000B was the highest I saw. I believe you need to be a tourist to take advantage of it so probably have to show passport and ticket home.

if you like paying 30 dollars for an 8 dollar bottle of wine, then head straight to a wine connection and have a ball. for me, it doesn't taste good when i have to pay that much. i have realized price is as much of a part of the pleasure as the actual quality.