What's the latest on Baht Bus fares, cheap buffets, condo gluts, and Pattaya is going downhill?

Woody1

BTW, I like Baht busses, I truely believe they are a very convenient and affordable way to travel around our fair city!!

As for cheap buffets, not really my scene at the moment, so anyone with any recommendations would be gratefully apprecieated, thanks in advance!

Condos, I'm always happy to hear about!

Well, what can I say (literally) about Pattaya going downhill without upseting someone who is miles too politicaly to see the wood from the trees! (Personal and General obsevation of course!!)

• Like 1

cool topic!

we could also discuss if it would be outrageous to pay motorbike taxi boy 60 baht from Royal Garden to Thepprasit night market, and if one the way there a car or another bike cut you off

• Like 2

BTW, JT, getting back to one of your earlier culinary posts regarding, "Splurging" on a paricular meal. Although not expensive in the grand scheme, I believe the best curried crab (Boo Pat Pong Cully), excusue me on my poor effort of translation, must be Lengkee on Pattaya Klang. Price obviously depends on wheight, and the restaurant (as you will know is both 24hrs, and open air or air con).

Sorry fot going off topic.........................but you can get a Baht Bus there................it beats cheap buffets....................and proves that Pattaya (as far as curried crab) is not going downhill!!

Right, thought I'd post this as nobody likes a keyboard warrior. So if anyone would like a personal discussion with me (on any subject, Pattaya, or otherwise, (even Soi 7, murders, katoey's, etc)) I'll be in Jamesons (Soi AR), just ask for Shaun, approx 3PM tomorrow (Thursday).

I hope I haven't contraveinened any Thaivisa rules by doing this.

Edited by Woody1
  • Like 1

Sooo what's the latest on beer prices in Pattaya, crucial intelligence what.

Don't tell anybody,whistling.gif the cheapest beer in town can be found at NIDA Bar in Soi Bhuakhou, 35 baht for an ice cold Chang Export. Can anybody beat that, it has to be a proper bar, not private small shop or 7/11.biggrin.png

10 years ago a long term expat told me Pattaya was dying, it will be a ghost town in 2 or 3 years he said. Since then he bought a condo and the population has trebled, oh and the Russians came. Now he is saying "everybody can't fit into Pattaya", how things and people change.

• Like 2

Don't tell anybody,whistling.gif the cheapest beer in town can be found at NIDA Bar in Soi Bhuakhou, 35 baht for an ice cold Chang Export. Can anybody beat that, it has to be a proper bar, not private small shop or 7/11.biggrin.png

Hours restriction on that?

Draft or bottle?

Quality of the lassies?

For some cheap thrills, hand 11 one baht coins to the drivers. You've tipped them 10 percent but at the same time they'll get flustered thinking you might have underpaid them!

Can't blame them.

Only 10 fingers to count them on...

• Like 2

Hours restriction on that?

Draft or bottle?

Quality of the lassies?

No restriction, all day and night small bottle 35 Baht. Big bottle LEO is 70 baht, small 40. No lassies and no music but has good cold beer and farang and Thai food. Good to go there if you got a lady with you or if you just want to talk with your friends. Next door to Monkey bar near Pattaya New Plaza.

• Like 2

Best Supermarket has in the past never observed legal hours for alcohol sales. That was a welcome convenience. Great variety there and good prices--relatively.

But no more. In the last couple weeks, they've been forced to start observing them. Villa's the only suitable fallback I know of.

I would like to know more about the new, bigger, coffin that is being designed for Pattaya.

Apparently the old one was not big enough to fit as many "last nails" as so many doom and gloom

members have been putting in it.

10 years ago a long term expat told me Pattaya was dying, it will be a ghost town in 2 or 3 years he said. Since then he bought a condo and the population has trebled, oh and the Russians came. Now he is saying "everybody can't fit into Pattaya", how things and people change.

DONT mention the Russians angry.gif read above..welcomeani.gif

• Like 1

How about a large Chang (non-Export) for 50B? That's very nearly twice the size of your 35B bottle.

But it is on the darkside.

What happened to the rip-off scheme of buy 1 get 1 free in certain places?

If you can read, and can drink two drinks (after managing to read the offer!!), how's it a rip off??

The rip-off (if there is one) is that it makes you buy two drinks even if you only want one, or four if you only want three. So the bar must be increasing its turnover to some extent, and inevitably it is doing it at the customer's expense.

And even at half price the places that do this are still generally more expensive than the cheaper places that just sell one bottle at a time.

You said, "rip off", not, if there is one!

I find going for a drink (or whatever) anywhere quite straight forward!

Let's stay on topic, heaven forbid we should start talking about, "eat all you can" when buy one, get one free has got some people confused already!!!!

• Like 1