Shipping pump from overseas hayward 2 hp

steelepulse

I've had a hayward 2 hp pump for 10 years and now it needs to go for repairs.  My local guy says it's 28K for a new pump, while I see the same pumps on ebay and amazon for around $400-$450. I've got a couple of questions about this.  Anyone have any idea of customs  and shipping charges, and if the pump can easily be rewired from 110 from the US to 220-240.  Price from local guy seems quite exhorbitant.

Shop around, you can get good quality pumps here. That prices seems very high but depends on the brand. Maybe an ok price for a grundfoss.

Besides, you will have a hard time converting it to 220v, not worth the hassle. Also USA 110 volts is 60 hertz, Thailand is 50 hertz, the pump will run slower and may damage it. Edited by Bung
  • Like 1

Grundfoss although being one of the best manufacturers of pumps on the market, there pool pumps are questionable!

Hayward is one of the best pumps on the market. They are made by a company called Smith and are built in China,

Depends on where you are but expect to pay anywhere from 24-28K baht. At least they have a decent 3 yr warranty.

I am based in Pattaya. My friend who owns Paradise pools in Phuket may do you a good deal as he imports direct from China.

Emaux are ok now but limited 1 yr warranty and not as quiet.

• Like 1

Most shops for some reason slap a massive profit margin on pool pumps, especially Hayward.

Obviously the exchange rate at the moment is not helping, having gone up substantially in the last few months.

Try to contact the distributors in Bangkok directly, they usually don't mind selling directly and transport cheaply throughout Thailand.

Most shops for some reason slap a massive profit margin on pool pumps, especially Hayward.

Obviously the exchange rate at the moment is not helping, having gone up substantially in the last few months.

Try to contact the distributors in Bangkok directly, they usually don't mind selling directly and transport cheaply throughout Thailand.

"Most shops for some reason slap a massive profit margin on pool pumps" and almost everything else imported,,,,,

The 50hz thing is hour biggest hurdle..
  • Like 1

"Most shops for some reason slap a massive profit margin on pool pumps" and almost everything else imported,,,,,

The 50hz thing is hour biggest hurdle..

Not really. Hayward has massive production of 50Hz pumps, pretty much their complete export series is 50 Hz...
There are a fair bit more countries in the world running 50 Hz then there are running 60!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I'm  not  so  sure about  Hayward pumps but  pretty  well  everything  these days is manufactured (or assembled) in  China including  Apple computers. I  read on  a Hayward pump  motor label once that  they  are made in  Mexico. The important  thing  is to  go  for a reputable brand. The price of a Hayward pump, like all  others, depends on  the horse power and model  type. Hayward offer three different  series: 'Super', Super II, and 'TriStar'.  Shop  around on  the Internet, bearing  in  mind that  (as far as I  know) there is a 30% customs tarif here on  pool  equipment  which  is one reason  why  prices are high compared to  their home market - there is also often a huge difference in the retail prices offered by  various outlets ( Narrow your search  by  adding  Thailand to  your search  keywords).

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I think it's best that you simply purchase it locally. PoolMaster in Surin sells Hayward pumps. You'd save more instead of having it shipped to Thailand. They're quite a reputable name for pool supplies in Thailand. Their website is https://thailandpoolshop.com and they ship to different regions in Thailand. The owner and his staff have always been helpful and quick to answer questions. Cheers.

Edited by NYGuy816