True Visions hi-end customer

Pattaya28

I am a "hi-end" True Vision customer according to them.

I pay 2155 baht for Platinum package.

Last sunday I decided to cancel the package because the EPL has gone.

After them trying to offer me many more channels to compensate me, (which I did not accept), they said they'd call me within 5 days to arrange for the set-top box to be collected.

Last night they called me, and after them pleading with me not to cancel, admitting they were loosing many many many of their customers for the same reason as me, offered me the Platinum package for 590 baht on an indefinate basis, still without contract. All I had to do to retain this deal was to confirm I still wanted this deal every 6 months.

Hope this post helps others in negotiation.

• Like 1

I was I believe a "high end" customer for many years. I recently moved from bkk to chonburi area and wanted simply to transfer my "membership" and upgrade to HD and a few other options.

Ten emails later I abandoned the idea.

They kept insisting that I show them utility bills of the new address, which I own.

The TOT bills were sent to my BKK address, elec bills issued by management

I asked if a letter from the management could suffice, all I got was repeated requests for utility bills.

I began to believe that either a poor computer program was responding to select phrases, or they had outsourced customer service to Tajekistan.

So I'm a few thousand baht better off per month. Find great amusement on ThaiVisa (schadenfreude mostly) and can with some preparation even find EPL on the "hundreds of channels" now available at about 15% of True's cost.

Since the cable guy often switches the channels around, I need to surf to find Aljazeera.

During the surfing I am forced to frequently wonder "who on earth watches such drivel" ?, especially "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

I note also that the sums of money swindled out of US Citizens in "American Greed", is astonishing, apparently intelligent people with hundreds of thousands of dollars and often millions invest in the most transparent frauds..are they the same people sending money for sick buffalos.?

Edited by angrybird
  • Like 2

I was I believe a "high end" customer for many years. I recently moved from bkk to chonburi area and wanted simply to transfer my "membership" and upgrade to HD and a few other options.

Ten emails later I abandoned the idea.

They kept insisting that I show them utility bills of the new address, which I own.

The TOT bills were sent to my BKK address, elec bills issued by management

I asked if a letter from the management could suffice, all I got was repeated requests for utility bills.

I began to believe that either a poor computer program was responding to select phrases, or they had outsourced customer service to Tajekistan.

So I'm a few thousand baht better off per month. Find great amusement on ThaiVisa (schadenfreude mostly) and can with some preparation even find EPL on the "hundreds of channels" now available at about 15% of True's cost.

Since the cable guy often switches the channels around, I need to surf to find Aljazeera.

During the surfing I am forced to frequently wonder "who on earth watches such drivel" ?, especially "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

I note also that the sums of money swindled out of US Citizens in "American Greed", is astonishing, apparently intelligent people with hundreds of thousands of dollars and often millions invest in the most transparent frauds..are they the same people sending money for sick buffalos.?

So it's Dog the bounty hunter your missing CTH has that crap on I believe Chanel 202 and for about 900bt a month 800+ if you pay a year in advance.

When I told True that I did not want to renew my usual 1 year goldpackage subscription,they draw out on confirmation till a new month started and wanted me to pay for those "extra"days.Thereafter,after some arguing via email,they finally agreed to cancel.BUT,I would have to pay until they could send someone to pick up the boxes,(We had two)! I flattly denied to do that,asked them why they couldn`t just cut off the signal.Finally,that happend.It is now 3-4 months ago this happened and they have not picked up the boxes yet..!!

Edited by Bosse137

When I told True that I did not want to renew my usual 1 year goldpackage subscription,they draw out on confirmation till a new month started and wanted me to pay for those "extra"days.Thereafter,after some arguing via email,they finally agreed to cancel.BUT,I would have to pay until they could send someone to pick up the boxes,(We had two)! I flattly denied to do that,asked them why they couldn`t just cut off the signal.Finally,that happend.It is now 3-4 months ago this happened and they have not picked up the boxes yet..!!

I would guess you have a contract because the service is in your name (assuming you are not Thai).

The service I have is in my wifes' name, who is Thai, Because she is Thai, we do not have a contract at all.

1 rule for Thai, 1 rule for foreigner.

After having my package price reduced by some 75%, they said the reduced billing will commence beginning of next month.

Wasn't worth pushing them any further to start the reduced billing from yesterday.

Overall, I loathe the company, and wasn't fussed 1 way or the other whether i kept the service or lost it.

EPL was reason why I had the service.

The reason I made the original post was purely so others could benefit from a large price reduction.

Pattaya28 No,I have no contract with them;it is in my Thai gf`s name! Another thing;for years we could not just get a bill and pay for another year,we had to call them and say,that we wanted another year! That is why I was especially surprised,that they talked about cancelation at all;there was actually nothing to cancel,since we had not subscribed to another year! Our deposit will be paid after they pick up the boxes,which was said to be within a week.... Well,months now and no word from them! BTW,I mentioned to them,that I only watched CNN and sometimes a movie so I did not want to pay for gold for that.If they had reduced the price,I would subscribe to that,but no! Can add,that we been gold customers for many,many years. Thankyou for your postings,it is good info!!

i recently moved house

each area is governed by a different True franchisee

so i had to cancel what i had in that area, True had that franchisee pick up his equipment and i had a new install at my new house with that areas franchisee

i got a better deal by doing so

i now have x4 boxes and x4 premium packages for 2999

very happy with True and the service

i been with them since it was a fledgling UBC

could not manage with cable

why everyone has a beef with True i do not know

who gives a shit about soccer anyway

never watched it when i had it

i recently moved house

so i had to cancel what i had in that area, True had that franchisee pick up his equipment and i had a new install at my new house with that areas franchisee

Nut, Blackman, i am sure you are intelligent enough to understand that MANY people did give a shit and did watch it.

• Like 2

i recently moved house

Nut, Blackman, i am sure you are intelligent enough to understand that MANY people did give a shit and did watch it.

thanks for the compliment cardholder but don't count on it

• Like 1

I actually prefer it now that the Footie's not on, I didn't watch it but for years, my subscription had to go towards true's EPL licence, cause you can't just choose to get HBOs without getting the sports channel tacked on.

Thanks to the OP's post, I will call them up and pretend to want to cancel, and I now knows how low(price wise) they can go in negotiations.

• Like 2