bus to siem reap cambodia

watgate

I went to BKK and then Siem Reap. I forget the price, HOWEVER, there are some things you need to watch out for at the Cambodia border. I'll try to stay on topic, unless you are unaware of possible scams. Anyhow, I just got a visa on arrival and I believe the busses/mini-vans run all the time out of BKK. Also, they do accept USD as a MORE popular currency than their own. ok, good luck.

I went to BKK and then Siem Reap. I forget the price, HOWEVER, there are some things you need to watch out for at the Cambodia border. I'll try to stay on topic, unless you are unaware of possible scams. Anyhow, I just got a visa on arrival and I believe the busses/mini-vans run all the time out of BKK. Also, they do accept USD as a MORE popular currency than their own. ok, good luck.

You could consider getting an e-visa online (Google e-visa cambodia) for $28. Then you can tell all the scummy border touts at Poipet that you already have a visa. There SHOULD be an e-visa window.

Personally, I would avoid this border like the plague. You probably can't if you are taking the bus service from Chiang Mai but if you can get to Chong Chom in Surin province (or Chong sa Ngam in Sisaket) you may find the border less intense. Shared taxi is then a couple of hours to Siem Reap.

You could consider getting an e-visa online (Google e-visa cambodia) for $28. Then you can tell all the scummy border touts at Poipet that you already have a visa. There SHOULD be an e-visa window.

Personally, I would avoid this border like the plague. You probably can't if you are taking the bus service from Chiang Mai but if you can get to Chong Chom in Surin province (or Chong sa Ngam in Sisaket) you may find the border less intense. Shared taxi is then a couple of hours to Siem Reap.

and that taxi by yourself is only 2000 baht and two hrs on a black top highway to SR. NCA bus from CM to Surin 960 baht 15 hours. Surin to Chong Chom Border crossing 1 hour by bus and only 60 baht. Chong Chom Border DOES NOT take e-visa and they will hit you most the time for 1000 baht for visa.

Edited by khwaibah

Overnight bus CM to Morchit

Morning bus Morchit to Arunaprathet 4.5 hrs - takes you to a (tourist centre) bus terminal 100m from the crossing - ignore the touts coming on the bus trying to herd you into the tourist centre (Scam!!)

Walk the 80-100m to the crossing

Apply for the Cambodian evisa and have printouts of it before you go - then scam free!

Once out of the Cambo Imm you will get plenty of offers of transport .. scam.. scam.. best to go to the transport terminal on a mototaxi and get a bus to SR or share a taxi with others they will take Baht (taxi) there are Taxi offices along the main road - dont forget to bargain the price..

or

Air Asia CNX-DMK morning flight.. taxi to Morchit - bus to Poipet crossing .. faster