Macbook AIR battery replacement

mr3cho

Has anyone got the price for a macbook Air battery replacement plus service? AFAIK the battery is soldered into the board so it is not as easy as to buy a new battery.

My 2010 model Air has 650 charge cycles over 3 years and is now showing a capacity of only 76%. This thing is tough as nails but the batt is understandably showing wear.

Thanks

I have just sent my Macbook Air to BKK, to be replaced by an Authorized dealer.

Lucky for me it was still under extended warranty .... I only had 57 charges and the battery was totally dead.

Personally I would not trust just any shop...

Here are the stores Apple gave, as per previous post

These were the three service centres they authorize in BKK..

sorry about the Caps that is the way the email came! (copied)

MACINTOSH CENTER CO., LTD2.2 km 989 SIAM DISCOVERY CENTER, ROOM 518A, 5TH FLOOR, RAMA 1 ROAD, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Telephone 02-658-0476 to 7

second store.

ISERVE2.6 km AMARIN PLAZA 496-502, 3RD FI. 3-5,PLOENCHIT ROAD, LUMPINI, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Tel 02-652-2324 to 7

third store...

UFICON COMPANY LIMITED2.9 km 604/3 PANTIP PLAZA BUILDING,4TH FLR ROOM 411, PETCHABURI ROAD,RATCHATEVEE BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10400

Telephone 02-256-0807 to 9

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

5992 baht (US200) is pretty expensive for a battery. I have had to buy a new battery on a couple of times for my MBP and both times purchased them through ebay.au Look for a seller that ships from Hong Kong so it gets here quickly. I only paid USD60 each time.

• Like 1

5992 baht (US200) is pretty expensive for a battery. I have had to buy a new battery on a couple of times for my MBP and both times purchased them through ebay.au Look for a seller that ships from Hong Kong so it gets here quickly. I only paid USD60 each time.

Great thanks. Ok that sounds like a better option, 6000 baht is steep. I think I'll go that route. I'll just need to find and buy a pentalobe screwdriver.

Were the batteries you received new original Apple batts? At that price, it is cheaper than direct from Apple.

Edited by mr3cho

Both time the batteries were marked as genuine Apple parts. I certainly couldn't fault them. You can get the necessary tools on ebay.au. for a few dollars. I just had a look and there are plenty to chose from. Either that or go to MBK or Pantip Plaza. The third store mentioned above (UFICON COMPANY LIMITED2.9 km 604/3 PANTIP PLAZA BUILDING,4TH FLR ROOM 411, PETCHABURI ROAD,RATCHATEVEE BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10400) would install the battery for you if you do not want to do it yourself. These guys speak english and are quick turnaround. Not expensive at all. Good luck with it.