Gluten-free bakery in Phuket?

Pikiss

I will be vacationing in a rental condo in Phuket shortly. I have celiac disease which means I cannot eat anything containing wheat, barley, rye or oat. Usually I bake my own bread but since this is a holiday I would love to have a break from most cooking chores smile.png

Is there by any chance a bakery that makes gluten free bread? We are staying in Kata but have car so getting anywhere in the island will be no problem.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

You Phuket people sure seem to know how to maximize your sales revenue clap2.gif I consider myself warned and promise not to come back on TV complaining that you need to pay for free stuff smile.png

Bread without the above mentioned grains may sound impossible sure did for me when I first got the celiac diagnose! Later on I luckily found out that bread can be made for example of rice, sorghum or quinoa flours, added with seeds such as sunflower, linseed or chia. So if anyone have heard of a bakery with this somewhat rare selection, please share..

VillaMarket (very close to Kata Beach) has some Gluten Free products, I have a sister who visits and she has Coeliac disease. Have never found GF bread but she has always adapted well to alternatives here. If you want bread maybe pack some in your suitcase and freeze it when you get here.

Oh sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that I am having a sabbatical leave and been living in Pattaya for almost two years now. Before that I’ve had holidays in Thailand twice a year since 2007. I’ve learned to love many things in a Thai diet, rice including. I was diagnosed celiac disease just a couple of months ago and I am still adjusting. Having a slice of bread for breakfast every morning for 40+ years is a habit that just seems to die hard.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. This is my first trip to Phuket so I thought it would worth asking about the bakeries, since I haven't been able to find one in Pattaya yet. I will certainly look up the restaurant Pagallim mentioned (looks a nice place for dinner, too!). Villa Market in Pattaya also has some ready-made breadfixes so I know my way around those.