Post your pixs of weird out bikes here.

BSJ

Posted Image

When Frenchman Emile Leray became stranded in a Moroccan desert with a badly damaged car, his ordeal was one which would have left most men helpless and desperate.

But after his Citroen car ground to a halt, the enterprising electrician would not be denied in his quest to find his way back to civilisation.

His amazing escape from the barren terrain saw Mr Leray singlehandedly rebuild his Citreon into a makeshift motorbike, in a dramatic escape which has seen him dubbed the most 'extreme' mechanic in the world.

His ingenious engineering saw him convert the car's rear bumper into a rudimentary seat, shorten the chassis, and place the engine and gearbox in the middle to create a vehicle which somehow kept going long enough to transport him to safety.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168061/French-electrician-stranded-Moroccan-desert-rebuilt-wrecked-car-motorbike-drove-civilisation.html#ixzz2fFGaSf7t

Posted Image

Posted Image

Obviously watched Flight of the Phoenix :-)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

article-2168061-13E6FD3B000005DC-911_634

When Frenchman Emile Leray became stranded in a Moroccan desert with a badly damaged car, his ordeal was one which would have left most men helpless and desperate.

But after his Citroen car ground to a halt, the enterprising electrician would not be denied in his quest to find his way back to civilisation.

His amazing escape from the barren terrain saw Mr Leray singlehandedly rebuild his Citreon into a makeshift motorbike, in a dramatic escape which has seen him dubbed the most 'extreme' mechanic in the world.

His ingenious engineering saw him convert the car's rear bumper into a rudimentary seat, shorten the chassis, and place the engine and gearbox in the middle to create a vehicle which somehow kept going long enough to transport him to safety.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168061/French-electrician-stranded-Moroccan-desert-rebuilt-wrecked-car-motorbike-drove-civilisation.html#ixzz2fFGaSf7t

Citroen-2CV-Desert-Motorcycle1.jpg

PKnOj.jpg

Obviously watched macgyver and the A-team.

Lucky he had a welding station, a welding torch and some other sofisticated tools laying around in the desert whistling.gif

• Like 1

555 Now thats what I would have expected if HD had introduced a V6!

You're not gonna insult a midnightstar ( roadliner) by calling it a Harley, are you . biggrin.png

Not in this lifetime jbrain! What I was inferring (in a subtle insulting way) was that HD would build a 3xV2 like that and claim they had built a V6.

The MidNightStar is a solid engine. Never met anyone that had anything bad to say about it.

• Like 1

PKnOj.jpg

Isn't that the new Tiger Boxer 2014 model? ;)

PKnOj.jpg

Isn't that the new Tiger Boxer 2014 model? wink.png

If he had tools to build this, he obviously had tools to fix his badly damaged car.

Sure someone with high enough IQ would have considered their chance of survival, the chance of successfully accomplishing such a project vs just fixing up the "badly damaged car" if they were truly stranded in the middle of a desert. ;)

PKnOj.jpg

No. You can still get parts for it so it has to be the Citroen!

PKnOj.jpg

If he had tools to build this, he obviously had tools to fix his badly damaged car.

Not sure he needed a welder, the way the 2CV is built, he just cut the car in half. Wasn't it part of the original design brief? I would guess a wheel of two went for a Burton preventing use, as these cars are really knife and fork jobs.

That suspension would make for a comfortable ride, designed to drive across a ploughed field without breaking your eggs. Perfect for Thai roads.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Cruise's Oblivion Bike:

How do you produce a motorcycle that wouldn't look out of place in a movie about a post-apocalyptic earth?

That was the problem facing director Joseph Kosinski as he prepared for the Tom Cruise thriller Oblivion.

Luckily for moviegoers across the country, Kosinski was able to score one of the most respected motorcycle men in Hollywood to lend him a hand. Justin Kell, owner of Glory Motor Works, has built motorcycles for several high profile movies, including Gangster Squad and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Tom%20Cruise%20bike_0.jpg

For Oblivion, which is set in the year 2077, Kell transformed a dirt bike into a futuristic motorcycle.

"The bike stuff we got to do was fun," Kell told the Los Angeles Times. "We don't get called in when a bike has to sit on a static set and look cool. We get called in when it has to jump 50 feet on top of a volcano in Iceland. Tom [Cruise] is an experienced enough rider and good enough that he knows exactly what he wants."

But there was more to the production than simply creating a cool-looking bike.

"It's not just the look of it," Cruise said recently, "it had to be safe enough for me to travel at very high speeds."

Cruise and Kosinski loved the final product, and it truly fits in in the movie. But Cruise won't have to wait until 2077 to ride it again. For his 50th birthday, which fell during filming in Iceland, he was presented with one of the bikes from the film.