Move Visa to New Passport

Wondering if I could get some advice since I am a little confused

I have a new passport and have a 1 year multiple o visa in my old passport

1.) Do I need to go to immigration and get it transfered into the new one or do I just take both passports and just show then the O visa (valid for another 10 months) upon re entry to thailand ??

2.) Since I have the O visa do I need to get a re entry permit before leaving the country ??

thank you to those that respond

You present both passports to use visa. You do not need re-entry permit or to make 90 day address reports as you do not stay longer than 90 days and each entry gets a new 90 day stay. On your next exit you will also have to present both passports to transfer entry into the new passport for exit stamp.

of course you need to transfer visa from your expiring passport to new. This is free. No one can actually move a sticker to new passport, but all information will be moved using stamps. If you obtain new passport not in your Embassy here, maybe you will need to ask paper from Embassy about your new passport.

of course you need to transfer visa from your expiring passport to new. This is free. No one can actually move a sticker to new passport, but all information will be moved using stamps. If you obtain new passport not in your Embassy here, maybe you will need to ask paper from Embassy about your new passport.

Not true! Visas are not transferred, only extensions are. Show both passports until the visa expires. The new permission to stay stamp will be placed in your new passport. Reentry permits are not required.

Not true! Visas are not transferred, only extensions are. Show both passports until the visa expires. The new permission to stay stamp will be placed in your new passport. Reentry permits are not required.

Not a visa expert or extension expert.....that being said I have a Retirement visa (Non-immig O with the yearly extension),and which my passport expired earlier this year. When I renewed my extension last year I asked immigration what I should do when I get my new passport.....their response was to come in with the new one and they will put the necessary stamps in it so I don't have to use both passports. I guess I am assuming they transferred visa extension to the new passport. All I know is that they put the necessary stamps in my new passport and have since traveled on it with no problem.

If you are on an extension of stay for for retirement or marriage, the details of the extension and the relevant stamps must be transferred to the new passport. If you are here on a visa, tourist or multi entry Non-O which you effectively have to leave every 90 days, you use both passports until the visa expires. Confusing, yes sometimes, as many think that an extension of stay is a visa but it's not! Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass!

Not free in Sakhon Nakhon Immigration. Transfer of extension of visa into new passport.

Well I told them it was.

It only took them 1.5 hours to transfer extension, stamps and issue re-entry permit, while they took every 90 day report to interupt their work on my behalf, calls from the mia noi, and then demanded a ridiculous amount of money for a free service, on top of the cost of the re-entry permit.

They told me from the outstart before they even looked at the documents when I told them what I needed. that it was going to cost me 2,000 Baht and then the multiple re-entry that is 3,800. So they wanted nearly 6 grand.