Air Asia online booking problem

seasia

Hi

I am obviously missing something here but am trying to book 2 return flights BKK - Chiang Mai online.

For some reason it is automatically adding 20 kg baggage charge which I do not need.( and is more than the flight itself )

I need 1 x 10 kg, carry on only for me, some hold baggage for GF.

Call centre not much help.

I have flown previously with them and do believe paid for either 15 or 20 kg hold baggage.

Is it somehow remembering this, if so how do I change this please ?

Any simple sensible answer appreciated.

Thanks.smile.png

Forget it. You will not get refund for bags. AA web works the way you need to REMOVE options, not add them. My first booking I was be as boss, cos AA sells for me insurance, food, baggage and comfort kit :) Next bookings just remove unneeded positions.

• Like 1

Hi seasia

If you look again at the section that first mentions a 20 Kg baggage setting .... you shall see it actually says "up to" & in your case notes a charge of 330 Bt. for that choice.

On the next page you choose from "no checked bag" & up to an occasionally handy 40Kg ----- from 15 Kg ... in 5 Kg increments.

After choosing your baggage allowance the only "extra" you need to deselect is travel insurance (assuming you do not want it.)

Contrary to what the uninformed continually state travel insurance is the only preselected extra -- all other (meals,sporting equipment,comfort kit & seating) are unselected by default.

Have a good trip.

• Like 1

I went through this with their website earlier this year. Upfront they charge you for baggage, but as you proceed through the purchase, many pages further, you will eventually find a way to opt out of this cost for a carry-on. You really have to read every page carefully before you click to the next page to find it. Good Luck, but it can be done.

• Like 1

As other have already mentioned, you should be able to remove the checked-in luggage once you proceed with your booking.

one thing to consider though: if your flight is within the next 2-4 weeks, there is a good chance that Bangkok Airways is actually cheaper than AirAsia.

When I am flying Bangkok - CNX, I NEVER EVER choose AirAsia as they are usually the most expensive of all. I have to create my bookings usually 3-10 days before the actual flight date.

even THAI AIR is usually less expensive when you choose one of their special fares / promotions

• Like 1

The Air Asia website is evil. It's dedicated to stealing from their customers through unwanted/unneeded charges. It takes a skilled hand to navigate through that mess without incurring some kind of bogus charge. Yea, they're cheap so they try and make it up on the extra charges.

• Like 1

The Air Asia website is evil. It's dedicated to stealing from their customers through unwanted/unneeded charges. It takes a skilled hand to navigate through that mess without incurring some kind of bogus charge. Yea, they're cheap so they try and make it up on the extra charges.

I have to disagree with you. The website is not evil and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to navigate through the AirAsia booking process. A person just has to take their time and pay attention to what they are doing.

You can get some great low fares from AirAsia if you can book far in advance and can be flexible in your travel dates. That way you can get the "Promo" fares. The deal is the cheap Promo fare is just for you and a carry-on bag. Everything else (like meals, checked baggage, seat selection, etc) is extra. You can decline the extras as you step through the booking process.
Just last week I booked a round trip flight Chiang Mai <--> Bangkok for a end total of 2358.60 baht (including airport tax, credit card fee of 180 baht, and VAT). I'm just taking my carry-on bag, and for a one-hour flight I don't need a meal and I don't care what seat I'm in. Works for me! Just for kicks I went to the Bangkok Airways website and looked-up a round-trip flight for the same dates and it was almost twice as much.
I used AirAsia last year for round-trip flights Chiang Mai <--> Phuket and Chiang Mai <--> Bangkok. No problems. The day prior to the flights I did a web check-in and printed out the "boarding pass". At the airports, went straight to the boarding gates, no problem.
===========================
To the OP; I have never booked with them for two people with checked baggage so I can't say exactly how that would work. I noticed that they have a "Live Chat" link at the bottom of this page. I don't know your current location but is there an AirAsia office near you? In Chiang Mai, I believe that there is one on Tha Phae Road just a few meters from Chaiyapoom Rd. Never dealt with them so can't say how much help they might be.
  • Like 1

Its fascinating how some travelers seem to find (or create) problems ....

As I previously pointed out the only option on the AirAsia site that is preselected by default is travel insurance.

If deselecting just one default option is beyond you ...... passifier.gif