UK passport renewal issues

I have a UK passport with plenty of time left but no blank pages. The last page is half blank. I'm on a non-B with a work permit. I'm going to renew the work permit and extend the non-B by another year, get a re-entry permit, exit Thailand and spend a few weeks in the UK before returning to Thailand. What's the best way of doing this? Can I get the non-B extension and re-entry permit in my existing passport, exit Thailand, get my new passport in the UK and then return to Thailand waving both passports? I'll be exiting Thailand early in October and returning a few weeks later.

Good question mate, my uk passport ran out of pages,WHILE IN THAILAND> but i sent it off to Hong Kong while my visa was still valid.Upon return of the new one i went to Udon Immigration and got my current visa restamped in my new passport.Not much trouble at all.

Your case i am not sure.Waving two passports could be a little strange.

Wait for the TV expert mechanics to reply to answer your question in there 100 percent integrity.

Good luck and send my love to Blighty.

You can send off for a new passport now from HK and it will arrive here in LOS before you have to leave for the UK.

Just my thoughts and perhaps experience

Think AHEAD before the pages run out

Next chapter,,,,,,,,,,none as there are no pages left to write them on.

Edited by alexander69

alexander69

Doubt you had a visa transferred to a new passport as that is never done !smile.png

Sorry but i am still here,,,,,,,,,,,ok they did not restick a new visa but sure they took out the dates from my old passport<visa> and put a stamp in my new passport<not a visa sticker ok> for the same relevant dates.All good and happy

There are plenty of half empty pages where they could put the stamp. I was hoping to do something similar to what alexander did - come back with a new passport and get the visa extension transferred to the new passport.

I never left Thailand is my point here.As advised by another get a reentry permit but this i have no experience of how to obtain.Wait for tomorrow and all the TV gurus will advise you.

Good luck and learn from this lesson.

The last page could have been avoided

When is your extension running out?

Since you have enough time left before your planned trip to get a new passport. I suggest getting new passport before getting extension if you have enough time to do it.

I wouldn't take the chance of immigration refusing to do it because of a lack of space in passport.

When is your extension running out?

Since you have enough time left before your planned trip to get a new passport. I suggest getting new passport before getting extension if you have enough time to do it.

I wouldn't take the chance of immigration refusing to do it smile.png because of a lack of space in passport.

I agree, Get the renewal sent off to Hong Kong asap, there is sufficient time before the UK visit in October.

Just as an after thought... has someone been going round stamping your passport pages without you knowing ? smile.png

I would never leave it until the last page before getting a renewal. No problem in this case but I would like to think I would have planned for it a few months ago.