Why?...

rai57000

Maybe you need to ask yourself the question Why? I used to be responsible for recruitment in my last job and initially had a thing about men who wore white socks, or had their trousers at what is known as "half mast", but quickly learned that this was my irrational prejudice and had nothing to do with the wearer of the garments. Okay, so they were not going to be the fashion icons of the Company, but hey they were supposed to be either administrators, security personnel, IT people, chefs and so on. I must admit I still have a thing about men shopping in Tesco Lotus or Big C without a top, but mainly from a hygiene point of view, but then again, I ask myself would I still have the same prejudice if it was a nice young Lady?clap2.gif

Strangely and correctly a well bought up Indian would consider a Chef cooking without a shirt much more hygenic than one with.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me Sunglasses, although almost clear lenses are a necessity here (I seem to have a Light Sensitivity problem). I have worn them inside from time to time but they usually end up perched on my forehead. I wear a Baseball Cap outdoors most of the time to keep the Sun off my head sometimes with a small towel under it for added protection at the back of my neck. These Items/accessories are practical, not designed to hide my insecurities or project Wealth or upset the fashion police. My Baseball Cap usually goes in my cargo pants pocket when I enter a building because I have an old fashioned Idea that it's impolite to wear a hat indoors. I wouldn't have given the Guy much thought to be honest, it's none of my business and he was the wrong Sex to pay much attention to.

Maybe it's a game, perhaps he gets a kick out of Shallow farangs changing direction when he approaches them in Big C ?

Maybe he's famous !?

I guess if you really wanted to know why you should have asked him . I'm sure it would have been a very interesting conversation and one you could have shared with us here on TV

Maybe Alzheimer arrived early for this guy, and he thinks he is still in his teens tongue.png Lucky Guy in that case!

Besides that, who cares?!? If people want to do (dress, talk, etc) stupid, it is up to them! Live and let live, as long as you do not harass others wai.gif

for me Sunglasses, although almost clear lenses are a necessity here (I seem to have a Light Sensitivity problem). I have worn them inside from time to time but they usually end up perched on my forehead. I wear a Baseball Cap outdoors most of the time to keep the Sun off my head sometimes with a small towel under it for added protection at the back of my neck. These Items/accessories are practical, not designed to hide my insecurities or project Wealth or upset the fashion police. My Baseball Cap usually goes in my cargo pants pocket when I enter a building because I have an old fashioned Idea that it's impolite to wear a hat indoors. I wouldn't have given the Guy much thought to be honest, it's none of my business and he was the wrong Sex to pay much attention to.

Maybe it's a game, perhaps he gets a kick out of Shallow farangs changing direction when he approaches them in Big C ?

Maybe he's famous !?

I guess if you really wanted to know why you should have asked him . I'm sure it would have been a very interesting conversation and one you could have shared with us here on TV

Welcome back.thumbsup.gif Your leader insists you guys never read this forum.laugh.png

Edited by villagefarang

I had a laugh to myself ...... just thinking of some 50ish guy walking around with his black sunglasses and base ball hat on the wrong way ..if only he knew what was going on about his dress code on a forum on the internet ..isn't anybody safe ...

cheers everyone

Wow.... Just a quick post.. Not a Moan....... When I posted this is was a question and I wanted peoples thoughts on it... If I was going to moan then for sure I would have said so..

I could have a moan about Farangs who walk around with just shorts and no top(Then that would be a moan).. But this was a question. If the guy in question has bad eyes then so be it...... The baseball cap back to front then im yet to understand(Maybe he has a spotty neck)..

When you here Thais comment and say stupid Farang as they walk past with no shirt then I feel I little hurt as I am a Farang and I for 1 don't want classed as a Farang who do,s not respect a persons culture.. NOW THATS A MOAN..

Funny what people do wear when they go to town, I'm usually long pants and shoes with shirt and the dog totally ignores my departure ....but if I tried the shorts, singlet and flip flops preferred by some farangs I'd never get in the car without him.

The rule is... if you can dress casual you must be going somewhere where you can take the dog. smile.png

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

`I actually still play ball and at one time thought the backwards ball cap & sunglasses were a good look. Until my GF (filipina - gotta love 'em) at the time said she wanted a man - not a man child.....never worn that same look since.....

When I look around and see the 60ish shaved heads, (cancer in remission?), the flabby tatoos, the piercings, unflattering tank tops (stupid looking actually) I feel bad for them. Most women of substance (of integrity - like anywhere else in the world) are looking for something else/more.

When all is said and done a discerning person will find the "class" within themselves and someone else. At what level we wish to reach and attain is purely a matter of personal choice and reflecting own outlook and values of ourselves and our lives.....

If they/you are bottom fishing - don't be surprised with the "catch".....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Funny what people do wear when they go to town, I'm usually long pants and shoes with shirt and the dog totally ignores my departure ....but if I tried the shorts, singlet and flip flops preferred by some farangs I'd never get in the car without him.

The rule is... if you can dress casual you must be going somewhere where you can take the dog. smile.png

I think you hit on something there Scea. The guy must not have a dog to keep him on the straight and narrow, wearing appropriate attire for the task at hand. If I am not wearing the correct outfit my dog lets me know, too.
A good dog, with good taste, is all he needs.thumbsup.gif

What seems to me an even greater mystery is why truck drivers put pictures of Rambo and George Michael dressed as a cowboy on the rear mud flaps of their trucks. I'm convinced there's a hidden message somewhere, but my simple mind just can't crack it. Help, please.

years ago I used to think it was Che Guevara (in Sunglasses ) and all the Truck Drivers were Marxists or something ;-)

Seems it's something to do with Truckers making a united stand against a perceived injustice by the BIB

A couple of us were just saying how nice is was that we were allowed to have a little fun in this thread. Thanks for only getting rid of the really nasty stuff and leaving the rest.wai.gif

I was a bit surprised the cross forum stalking was allowed to stay though. cool.png

I think I need some help here. I am aged 65 and yesterday wore my baseball cap back to front. I also was wearing a pair of expensive Oakleys. My god! Any psychiatrists in Chiang Mai? I clearly need one!

No..... first thing of being sane is recognising...smile.png

You and I are sane...well I may have a few doubts about you.....but i sure doubt some of the rest.

I think I need some help here. I am aged 65 and yesterday wore my baseball cap back to front. I also was wearing a pair of expensive Oakleys. My god! Any psychiatrists in Chiang Mai? I clearly need one!

No..... first thing of being sane is recognising...smile.png

You and I are sane...well I may have a few doubts about you.....but i sure doubt some of the rest.

I feel really hurt now sad.png .................................laugh.png

Not to worry, almost no one cares laugh.png

Yes, he has a Thai girlfriend who watches music videos. She thinks that this is cool so he does it. Rap and Hip Hop are destroying Thai culture.

Rap and Hip Hop is not music, it is just noise pure and simple. Music is played by instruments, piano, saxophone, guitar etc. not put together with stupid noises on a computer.

Hmmmm, hope you are not referring to jazz there - that is quite a racket too and probably influences hip hop to some degree

I am certainly not referring to jazz, I am no fan of jazz, but I have to admit, some of the best musicians in the world play jazz. But Hip Hop???? Like I said, whether you enjoy it or not, it is just not music, only noise. The same cannot be said about jazz.

Hip hop could be seen as modern poetry. Imagine Shakespeare reciting a sonnet with a heavy bassy beat in the background - that may broaden your mind. (Also hip hop beats are commonly played on a drum kit and the rapping is using ones voice which is also an instrument) :)

• Like 2

One of my pet “whys” is why do people who seem to be struggling financially feel so vastly superior to anyone who has a little more than they do? People boast about how poor they are and heap scorn on those who are more comfortable, whether they are foreign or Thai.

Education, vocabulary, manners and financial success seem to be looked down upon. Sometimes it seems to me as if the world has been turned upside-down. I celebrate the success of my friends and neighbors and would never think of belittling them.

One last “why”. Why do people hurl personal insults and then tell you not to take it personally, as if that makes it okay?
  • Like 2